Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliteweims
Channel Surfer

SPECTRUM INTERNET - 4 DAYS no access

I am so over this I could SCREAM.  As of 4 days ago any and all of my Roku devices as well as Roku TVs WILL NOT connect to our Spectrum internet.  Yes, I have done every step known to man, even talked with Spectrum and Roku (useless).  We do NOT use the Spectrum App and had never loaded it on the Roku devices.  In a nutshell, NOTHING Roku in this house will connect to my Spectrum Wireless Internet!!!  Someone...Anyone...HELP!!!  Sorry for all the capital letters but I am so worn out on trying to find any help with this BS.  I can't be the only one out here that has no issues with their internet..everything else connects, works just fine..but Roku products will NOT connect.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: SPECTRUM INTERNET - 4 DAYS no access

Hey @eliteweims

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

To isolate the problem, have you tried rebooting your router? Did you make any recent changes to your wireless network?

We suggest you try setting up again the network connection on your Roku devices by following the steps below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Set up connection.
  5. Select Wireless.
  6. Choose your wireless network from the list of available networks. If you do not see your network, select Scan again to see all networks. After you select your network, enter the password.

Let us know if that works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eliteweims
Channel Surfer

Trust me, every possible troubleshooting has been done.  Also, spent a long time on the phone with Spectrum to see if by chance it was an issue on their end...it is not.  All of our other products that require internet access are working just fine..all but ANYTHING Roku.  Something is happening between Roku and Spectrum internet because all of our ROKU products failed to connect on the same day and all at once.  We do NOT use, nor ever installed the Spectrum app to any ROKU devise because we only connect them to our Spectrum internet and use apps like Prime, Hulu, Disney Plus so no need for the Spectrum App to be on them.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@eliteweims wrote:

Trust me, every possible troubleshooting has been done.  Also, spent a long time on the phone with Spectrum to see if by chance it was an issue on their end...it is not.  All of our other products that require internet access are working just fine..all but ANYTHING Roku.  Something is happening between Roku and Spectrum internet because all of our ROKU products failed to connect on the same day and all at once.  We do NOT use, nor ever installed the Spectrum app to any ROKU devise because we only connect them to our Spectrum internet and use apps like Prime, Hulu, Disney Plus so no need for the Spectrum App to be on them.  

Every possible troubleshooting? So you checked to see if your Roku device supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band? And you checked to see on what bands your router is utilizing?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
eliteweims
Channel Surfer

Kariza:

Please note that I had connected with a Roku CHAT agent the other day and was told I was basically screwed with having Spectrum as my internet provider and Roku was not going to be able to access Spectrum internet, which I thought was insane!  How can any company dictate what one can or cannot access with any internet provider.  Wireless is wireless and I should not have any issues using my Roku devices with Spectrum being my internet provider...period.  If this is the case, then Roku can take back and refund me for all the products I purchased that are Roku because without being able to connect to my Spectrum wireless they are useless!

0 Kudos
eliteweims
Channel Surfer

@DBDukes 

Yes, that was checked also.  All these Roku devises are less than 6 months old.  The Spectrum modem is their newest available and our router is a high performance model that is about 6 months old.  Again, everything was working like a charm until, all getting along, until 4 days ago...then BAMM..all Roku items will not connect to the internet.  Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

You haven't provided your Roku model number. You haven't provided the band and channel on which your wireless router is transmitting. Nothing that would help other troubleshooters. 

Or are you saying you know which Roku devices are 2.4 GHz only? And you know which 5 GHz channels are not supported by Roku? And you know that the channels your wireless router is using is one that Roku devices support?

If so, I can't think of anything else at the moment.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks for following up, @eliteweims

Please be advised that only the Spectrum channel is not compatible with Roku devices which means your Spectrum internet service should work normally. Since you were in recent contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jaeshea

We are having the same problem with all 3 of our tvs. Tried literally everything roku has suggested with nothing working. I'm beyond irritated at this point, it has absolutely nothing to do with the wifi and everything to do with rokus end. Currently 3 other people I know in my area are also having the exact same problem with their roku tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jaeshea

Thanks for the post.

When did you start seeing this issue? Have you made any recent changes to your wireless network as a of late? What kind of wireless network are you using?

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos