Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlynch1958
Level 7

Roky Suddenly Lost Internet Connection

About a week ago, my Roku 2 (4210x) stopped working. It would turn on, and all that, but it would fail at different percentages trying to load channels I've had for years. I checked the Network settings (it has an ethernet connection), and it saw the Wired connection, but failed on the internet connection. I went, then, into the Network Setup, everything wa ggreat and it said it had internet connection. BUt when I went back to try and load channels, same thing. Checked Network Connection, still showing Wired Network with green check, but failed on testing the internet connection. Went into Network Setup again, all the settings are correct, and it says it shows green checks in the Wired Connection and Internet Connection radio buttons. Still no dive. I've restarted, checked for system updates (it is up-to-date) and checked the cable. All is good. I think I have a bad player, no?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roky Suddenly Lost Internet Connection

Maybe.

Have you tried connecting wirelessly? Not suggesting that as a long-term solution, but what you get when attempting that may provide more clues as to the cause of the problem.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
mlynch1958
Level 7

Re: Roky Suddenly Lost Internet Connection

Thanks for your reply!!

I haven't. Strangely, I can get some channels to work, but my Sling has stopped loading, as well as other channels. But some do. It's very flaky. Just happened out-of-the-blue last week.
0 Kudos