Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DP10

Roku wont connect to internet

My roku will not connect to the internet at all, I’ve reset the router, my tv, and my device and I’ve reset the network on it and factory reset and nothing helps. It connects every once in a while and then disconnects for a while. Help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku wont connect to internet

Hi @DP10

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be delighted to look closely to see how we may assist you in getting started. Do you receive an error message when attempting to connect to your wireless network or when streaming a specific channel?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried re-connecting your Roku to a solid wireless network to see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing? You may also try to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as another mobile phone signal typically provided and maintained by specific mobile phone (cellular) service providers, to see if you are experiencing the same issue.

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku wont connect to internet

@DP10-

A sometimes on and sometimes off network connection MIGHT be caused by your router automatically choosing which wifi channel to use.

Rokus support only the following wifi channels:

• 2.4 GHz band: channels 1-11
  • 5 GHz band: 36-48 plus 149-165.

If your router's auto channel selection sometimes chooses a channel in these ranges and sometimes chooses a channel outside these ranges, it could result in the situation you describe. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos