Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku won’t show wifi

My roku premiere will not show my wifi. I have tried resetting it, the router, everything under the sun but it will not show. It will connect to the person hotspot on my phone but no matter what will not show my wifi. I tried contacting customer support and it said they won’t do emails about this topic. Please help because I really don’t want to go through the hassle of trying to return this thing. I also have the roku streaming stick and it works and connects just fine.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku won’t show wifi

@bella00 

Is your Router or Modem whatever you have broadcasting 2.4 and 0r 5G?

Does your phone see the wifi?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Internet not connecting

I had my modem/router replaced last week. With the old one, Roku worked just fine. Now, all of my devices connect just fine, except all three of my Roku‘s. When I try to set up the wireless connection, it will connect to the wireless, but the Internet connection will fail. One of my Roku‘s sits right next to my modem. I’ve gone into the hidden menu, and disabled the ping, and that has had no effect. Sometimes streaming will work for a bit, but it is always distorted, and buffers often. My Roku is our premier, and my modem/router is an Arris. Everything should be compatible. Please help, this is very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Internet not connecting

Also, I’ve read through other similar posts and have seen the recommendation to change the 2.4mhz broadcast channel. I have tried 1, 6, and 11 which are listed as supported by Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

A few other notes:

• I have tried a factory reset on the Roku device right next to the modem/router, no change.
  • I've tried a factory reset of the modem/router, no change.
  • Your support page says you're not accepting calls or chat, so to email Roku for support, but no email is listed... anywhere...
  • My most common error code is 018, "Internet download speed it poor"
  • I have a 100mbs plan, Ookla on my phone picks up around 100mbps next to my main Roku. The worst signal in the house I get is 87mbps. The worst signal by my furthest away Roku is 92mbps.
  • I have 12 devices connected to my modem/router, which it supports just fine. My laptop I am using right now is also on the 2.4ghz network.

Thank you for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jeff_Hemberger 

Thanks for the information.

If your devices worked fine prior to you changing the modem/router, the issue of connectivity is most likely related to that. We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku devices to see if that helps your issue.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuDanny-R ,

Thank you for the response. 

So I actually ended up having my ISP come back out to the house on Monday, he was there for quite a while and checked all lines from the outside box, right to the modem. Even swapped out some cables, splitters, etc. The 2.4 and 5 signals were working for every other device in the house just fine.

Long story short, the original modem I was having separate issues with was a Hitron model. When the tech said that one was broken, he replaced it with an Arris model. When the tech was out on Monday, he tried swapping the Arris with another brand new Arris out of the box. It Roku still would not work. He had 1 Hitron modem in his truck, so he put that one in and like magic, Roku worked perfectly.

The model of modem didn't seem to impact any of my other devices in the house at all, but for whatever reason, Roku did NOT like the Arris brand modem. I'm not sure if you have others having similar issues with the Arris, or even some that it works for just fine. But swapping that out to a Hitron seemed to fix it for me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jeff_Hemberger 

Thanks for the update.

We're happy to hear that your are back up and running.

Happy Streaming!
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator