Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

@TheBarron wrote:

The router was using openwrt. I never found an option to change modes for 802.11. 

I'm using Chaos Calmer (v15.05) and it's under Wi-Fi settings where you'd set the channel.  Look under "Mode" and if it's set to "Legacy" change it to N.  I assume later versions of OpenWRT would have a similar setting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Earlism

I’ve had two Rokus just go bad. All of a sudden they won’t pick up a network, or pick it up very poorly, etc.. the first time I went through **bleep** and back trying to add extenders, change our routers, Ethernet cables, on phone with tech support... finnaly I just swapped the one acting up with a new one and problem fixed instantly. I’ve had this happen twice now. It’s like after a couple years, they just stop picking up Wi-Fi. Of course most of mine, and I have 5 of them, are just the cheap 40 dollar ones... so there’s that.. get what you pay for I guess..

0 Kudos
Amyatj

Ok how do I know if mine is on this??

0 Kudos
AlYahnai

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@alex31_bp @MCable 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

-What Roku model device do you have? The Roku Express and Premiere models are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Problem-Oh Is! I have been doing Just those things for almost 2 Weeks now! & I been using this Roku TV since 2018 - Everything IS THE SAME! - I use Spectrum for Internet - hasn't changed ... I Got 4 Bars on my Internet as shown on ROKU! But; it says No Internet & so! ... with everyone here having problems as well - don't you think that, it Could be: On Roku's End? that the problems exist? ...

I Only use the Roku to watch YouTube & the videos I post there - on the Bigger Screen I can See if "I" were to Make any Mistakes that I could correct, However; I Also use the lounger to catch some winks - while watching Roku, But; to have No Roku working is just taking up space & making my rest in my lounger - Miserable! ... What Gives here Roku! ... you got something Broken there - Don't you think?

Peace~

Al-Yahnai Hawkins

0 Kudos

I need help with same issue, have done everything 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JohnBlair4421 

I don't see any other postings by you with any details. Lot of different issues being discussed in this thread so "same issue" doesn't really help us.

Provide as much info as you can regarding your issue and include Roku model number (Settings/System/About), your router model number, and ISP (internet service provider) along with any error messages you are seeing.

Additionally, some users were using custom firmware so include that info if applicable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos