Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alramro

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

I have moved to another network from Attnow to Spectrum and now it won't pop up on my input line connection Hdmi2 line can you help?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@alramro 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are unable to see your Roku device when selecting the HDMI input, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV, or switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device to your TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MjRkMommy

Hi Danny, we have done both these things to try to get our WiFi to come up on our roku but they won’t work, it was working for about a month (just got it) and randomly stopped, moved our roku express right next to the router and still nothing. We cannot figure it out. 

0 Kudos

Mine just went down about an hour ago and I tried everything that the website said to do and nothing is working if someone can reach out to me that would help

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@erickrchavez, you need to give us more information.  "Went down" doesn't help much.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheBarron
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. My roku worked fine for more than a year, now it won't pick up one particular router that I have set up specifically for the Roku. My laptop and iphone can scan and find this special router without any problem. The router has both 2.4 and 5GHz channels, but the roku only sees my neighbors routers, not mine. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

By any chance does that router use OpenWRT or DD-WRT?  I don't know if only that firmware has the problem, but it's becoming more and more obvious that with a recent update Rokus won't see a network if it has legacy 802.11b mode enabled.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheBarron
Reel Rookie

I updated my router firmware and this solved my problem. It is not clear still why there any issue to start with.

0 Kudos
TheBarron
Reel Rookie

The router was using openwrt. I never found an option to change modes for 802.11. 

0 Kudos
16CARDS
Channel Surfer

@renojim wrote:

By any chance does that router use OpenWRT or DD-WRT?  I don't know if only that firmware has the problem, but it's becoming more and more obvious that with a recent update Rokus won't see a network if it has legacy 802.11b mode enabled.

The oldest WiFi routers I've worked with (personal and enterprise) supported  802.11 a/b/g, and that's going back to the early-2000's. Any Roku *should* be able to see a b/g router at a minimum, but I suspect that the 9.4 firmware will only recognize a g/n or newer network. If that's true, then the fault is partly Roku's and partly people using old routers. Emphasis on "if that's true".

0 Kudos