Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex31_bp

Roku won't pick up wifi

Hey so yesterday, my roku somehow decided to knock itself off the wifi and for some reason, doesn't want to pick it up again. I have cycled through factory resets, network resets, and so much more. I don't understand why it's not working. I have wifi on my computer and iPhone, but my roku isn't picking it up. And like I said, doing resets won't work so please come up with another solution for me, because this is irritating. My roku has been connected to my wifi for a month and now it doesn't want to work. Please help me with other solutions.

0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
MCable

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

Same exact issue and have tried everything....this happened about 5 days ago and we have been w/out our 2 Roku devices ever since. Thanks!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@alex31_bp @MCable 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

-What Roku model device do you have? The Roku Express and Premiere models are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Andrea2

Further question: If Verizon switched the router over to the 5G network- then the Roku express device is no longer compatible?

0 Kudos

Me too. All three are down for about six days now. 

0 Kudos

Same here.. My Roku will stay connected for a couple minutes then go right off. It is very irriatating. I have went through factory resets, ect. It is just sitting in my room and will not work have you figured out any soloutions

0 Kudos
Coolatta

I’m having this same issue- called the cable network provider and everything is good on their end and my other devices connect to the WiFi. My 2 Roku devices work when connected to my phone as a hotspot only. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting methods 3x over. And we can’t call for help. What are we supposed to do? 

0 Kudos
Paulette33

I'm having the same problem.  Roku won't pick up my network, but it's connecting fine to other devices.  I have a Roku Player 2500X. 

About a month or so ago, I got an email saying Roku will no longer support that player and offered some sort of deal on another player.  Can't find that email now.  Is the player being outdated the cause of the problem?  If so, can you resend the deal to get a new Roku interface?

Thanks,

Paulette

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Andrea2 @Coolatta 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku Express and Premiere models are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum, they will not work with the 5 GHz spectrum.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Paulette33 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku HD (2500) is a much older device. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

I have already passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos