Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Concerned1
Level 7

Roku won’t connect to internet but the device is a literal foot away from modem.

I’ve had Romu for a year with no issues. Yesterday the device stopped connecting to either of my available networks despite being really close to the modem. Help? 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
LittleIggy
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet but the device is a literal foot away from modem.

I’m having the same issue. I have 2 Roku devices, one in my sons room and one in the living room. Last night they both went offline and neither of them will connect to my WiFi. I’ve tried everything but no luck. 

0 Kudos
Mjyc2323
Level 7

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet but the device is a literal foot away from modem.

The same thing is happening to me. It started yesterday. My internet name shows up under wireless internet but it won't connect at all.I called my internet company and says everything is good on their end. I have 3 roku devices and the internet isn't showing up on any of them

0 Kudos
nanhaz46
Level 7

I have had my Roku express devices one in the guest room and other in family room for about two years and they worked well. Then yesterday both were unable to connect to wireless network. It is not a problem with the router as I can connect to internet on my android and desktop.

0 Kudos
SaratogaVC
Level 7

Re: Roku Express will no longer register WIFI connection

My Roku Express will not connect to my wifi.  it detects the network but when I put in the password for the wifi it does NOT get a wireless connection.  I had an older Roku Express and just bought a new one from Amazon and I get the same performance issue.  I have check my wifi password with my internet provider.  It is correct.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected devices are Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tim1956
Level 7

Same problem as others. Will not connect to wireless. Roku Express was operating fine since 10/21/2019, Quit working. Daughter's Roku TV from 01/16/2021 still working fine. Router signal full and broadcasting 2.4Ghz. Bought new Express but still does not connect. Pissed!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Tim1956

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the last-mentioned suggestion in my post above? If not, I would recommend giving it a shot then let us know if there's any difference after. 

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
haileysprinkel
Level 7

Same thing happened to me on that same day. Mine won’t connect to the internet & I do not have the physical remote, only the app, but the device was removed from my phone so my TV is no longer connected to WIFI and my app is not connected to the TV so I can’t do anything. 

0 Kudos
nanhaz46
Level 7

I went through the lengthy process of removing devices from my Modem and then re-installing them and that resolved my problem of my device not connecting to my wireless network.

0 Kudos