Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasha421

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

After doing a factory reset the ROKU tv will not locate any WiFi connection I even tried using my SSID and nothing it’s not my internet because my other 3 Rolus connect and works fine HELP PLEASE 

0 Kudos
Cloews

I have the same issue. Signal strength is excellent, and takes me resetting the Roku 6 to 10 times and wastes 20 mins of my time...every day

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tasha421 @Cloews

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using to try to connect to your wireless network? If you have other Roku devices that are able to connect, what Roku model devices are those? In addition, who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what wireless frequency is your router set to?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sevencos

I am having the same issue.  

- restarted device and router multiple times

Still would not connect to internet (the internet works for other devices in household).

Did factory reset and still won't connect to internet.

Model No. NS-49DR420NA18

Internet Provider: Spectrum

Modem Model: TC8715D. Available in 5 and 2.4GHz

0 Kudos
Miriam_M

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue as other people. When I do a factory reset, it works temporarily. However, the next time I go to turn the TV back on there is no more internet. 

Can you please assist? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Miriam_M, try disabling "Auto power saving" under Settings->System->Power if your device has that option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KJ20

I’ve done a factory reset my Roku device and I have reset my modem. Internet is strong and wireless will not connect through Roku 

Model: 3931RW - Roku Express+
serial number: X00400CHV51M (S012297HV51M)

software version 11.0.0 • build 4193-AE

timestamp: 2022-04-27T01:38:43Z

report ID 1M-167-138

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@KJ20

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimkellycoles
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after factory reset

I have tried everything I can not get my roku to connect to my Hotspot on any phone or tablet. It will scan and say no networks found. I use my Hotspot and it works on everything else. 

Model: C127X - Roku TV

Serial number X00000N7EPS5 (S03GD017EPS5)

Software  version: 11.0.0 • build 4193-93

Timestamp: 2022-04-27T00:55:22Z

Issue ID S5-167-095

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after factory reset

@Jimkellycoles, is the MAC address that's displayed under Settings->Network->About all zeros?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos