Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

@Amandasuefische, who is your ISP (Internet service provider)?  ISPs are known to muck with their customers equipment and even disable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MafeMora
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem I can’t connect my roku to the wifi 

model: 3941X - roku express 4K +
serial number : X016008C8CS2 (S07P21AC8CS2)

software versión : 9.4.0 build 1042-CR

timestamp: 2021-02-13T00:32:10Z

0 Kudos
MafeMora
Reel Rookie

The issue ID: S2-061-947

0 Kudos
renojim

@MafeMora, you might want to trying connecting to another network like you're phone's hotspot, if possible, to get your device to update.  It's several software versions behind.

0 Kudos
SWD

I have the same problem w/reconnecting to the internet.  followed all steps seen on you tube.  please help

SWD

0 Kudos
Vanessaj

Idk what happened to mine but the same thing has happened. I was watching Naruto and it cut off cause of the internet. I restarted both and they both didn’t work so now I can’t log in and now it’s stuck saying “let’s get started”. I have the right password and everything else correct 

0 Kudos
kevinh98

I am having the same problems 

0 Kudos
MafeMora
Reel Rookie

Now my roku works good . It was the internet . Roku needs a good quality internet . So when a tried to connect roku to my hotspot didn’t work because I didn’t have high speed internet so when my High speed GBs are over , my roku tell me that  I don’t have internet 

0 Kudos
tloving
Reel Rookie

I’m using the Roku Premier, model 3920x, SN: Jf2070080518. Mine stopped working about a month ago. I’ve tried every thing possible throughout the Roku forum. Tonight I tried the factory reset and still cannot connect to the internet. I have 2 other Roku tvs and they work fine. This Roku Premier though does not. I’ve never had any problems until now. And I’m seeing a lot of people with the same issues and no fixes. I’m unsure what to do now. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@tloving, saying "I've tried everything" isn't very helpful.  If you've really looked around this forum you'll see that many, many people with single-band devices like yours solved their problem by changing their Wi-Fi wireless mode to b/g/n.  Do you do that?  If so, give us more information.  Does it show any error messages?

By the way, I solved my 3920's problems by smashing it with a hammer.  By far the worst Roku device I've ever owned and I've owned most of them.

0 Kudos