Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkornacki
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect to internet after resetting router and factory reset

I am having the same issue. I have 2 Roku Express that stopped working on the same day. My Roku Ultra is working fine. I have restarted the router multiple times. Put the Roku back to factory settings and I still can’t connect to WiFi. The Software version is 10.0.0 build 4209. Model 3930x

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jkornacki  , if you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP go into your router settings and change the wireless mode from g/n to b/g/n.  It has also been reported that if you have Xfinity you can use their app to forget the Roku devices and then reconnect them from Settings->Network on your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Jkornacki
Reel Rookie

Thank you for this suggestion. I called Xfinity and they were able to adjust my router settings and now both Rokus are up and running.

0 Kudos
Mccyr

Just had this happen after a power surge from a major storm. After searching and searching for a solution, we found a video that helped. 
unplug the roku from electrical outlet. Insert toothpick or paper clip into the very tiny reset slot on back of roku next to the power cord slot. Hold that paper clip and press for reset while at the same time reconnecting the power cord right next to it. Hold that reset for at least 10 seconds. This was a two person job for us. One holding the reset and one reconnecting the power. 
hope this helps. Worked for us after wasting many hours trying to reconnect. 

0 Kudos
Cmazurful
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. I have reset the modem and the roku player.

Roku Express+
Serial number:  X00400XLS4N1

0 Kudos
crimson869

Factory reset. Reset connections and roku and router. All other devices in house work fine 20211107_140442_HDR.jpg

0 Kudos
Kkemegx

Mine recently started doing the same thing. Thank you for posting this. It was working fine for almost a year.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the info!

Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.

All the best,
Irene 

Cmazurful
Reel Rookie

I did this and so far it seems to be working well. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RebeccAlarc
Channel Surfer

Yeah I gave roku every bit of the info they asked you for THEN they wanted me to register my roku which I know I did when it was new but suddenly they have no record of it. So roku isn't going to do anything to help. I reset my router and my toku every possible way then when that didn't work I went and got a new router and that didn't work either. Rku is not interested in helping in this situation because Iam sure it is a hardware malfunction. 

0 Kudos