Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone hotspot - OS 9.2

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the exact same issue. It has taken me up to an hour to connect my tiki to my iPhone hotspot. 

0 Kudos
Cierra

Re: Use iPhone as a hotspot data only no Wi-Fi

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and it won’t even let me get into the settings, I’m stuck at the choose your network screen. And yes my hotspot is strong enough and the password is correct, every other device I have connects perfectly. How do you find the model number or any other information on a roku express plus that doesn’t allow you in???

0 Kudos
Capvermell
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@CierraDo a Factory Reset by putting a pin in the Reset hole at the back of the box for a few seconds.  Then rerun the update software function and it will now update to a version of the software that can connect to wifi and the internet.

0 Kudos

Re: iPhone and hotspot issues

Jump to solution

did you ever get that email back on the connection to Apple hotspots?

0 Kudos
bigdigger

Jump to solution

I just bought the Roku ultra, It won’t connect. I’ve reset the password, reset network connections and restarted both my phone and the new Roku and it’s still not working. 

0 Kudos
slowpez
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone hotspot - OS 9.2

Jump to solution

Believe me when I say that there is nothing I did not try to get Roku to just recognize my two iPhones (I have an SE and a 7) and try to connect to their hotspots.  Absolutely nothing worked but I did put in a lot of hours on You Tube trying to find a solution.

Today was my ah ha moment.  Open your iPhone, go to systems open the tab for personal hotspot (if you have been having trouble you already know that the "allow others to join" button needs to be on.  Leave this window on your phone OPEN.  Keeping your phone near your Roku, scan for wireless networks and, viola, there she pops up just like it is suppose to.  You don't have to keep your phone near the TV after it connects (I moved it across the room).  

This has worked for me several times today and if it works tomorrow I am going to assume that for some reason the hotspot window on the phone must be open to connect.  Right now I am doing a happy dance.

Jump to solution

I did what you said but it's still not working for me

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mlschandler

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MadsJef
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku won’t connect to iPhone XR hotspot

Jump to solution

Thanks,  this protocol worked for me as well for OS 14

0 Kudos