Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramskh

Roku won’t connect to dorm wifi

I brought my Roku premiere (thats already been activated and used) to my college dorm. When I click on the school’s wifi, it doesn’t give me the option of saying that it’s dorm wifi, it just proceeds to try and connect, and fails. I’ve already enabled that option in the settings so I don’t know why it doesn’t come up. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t connect to dorm wifi

So you enabled "Device connect" in Settings->System->Advanced system settings?  I don't know if it will help, but try "Network connection reset" in the same menu location.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
maggieeww

Hi Ramskh,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same thing. I try to connect to my dorm wifi and it doesn't connect, nor does it give me the option of saying I'm in a dorm. 

Thanks. (please reply I'm losing my mind) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@maggieeww

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you already activated your Roku device?

For more information about using the Roku Hotel & Dorm feature, visit our Support page here: Hotel & Dorm Connect

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos