Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmac505

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

Same problem. bought new Roku streaming stick to replace old Roku 2 XD (Roku dropped support on Roku 2 XD). same network, same tv, same wireless networks, same router, no connect!!!!

went through reboot and restart several times, checked all items on "support pages" still not connecting.

time for another product?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

This isn't really the same problem since this stick has never connected to your network.  Have you tried it on another TV?  Some TVs produce more interference than others.  One of the reasons I don't like sticks is because they're much more susceptible since they're so close to the TV.  If you can get it to work on another TV, try getting the HDMI extension cable.  Also, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.  Is this one of the sticks with the AWR (advanced wireless receiver)?  They're known to occasionally have a problem and if it does have it and you're not using it then it will never work.

By the way, always supply the model number when asking for help and then people won't have to assume so much.  Model names get recycled over and over again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Nurlan
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. I have roku ultra.  If I will not find solution I will Return it! 

0 Kudos
hutchny
Reel Rookie

If you have Openwrt on your router then uncheck the setting "allow legacy 802.11b rates" under the 2.4GHz radio advanced settings then save and apply.

owens

SOLVED   I went into the router and changed the channel for the 2.4 GHz band from auto to 2.  Now the Roku connects.

It looks like an update from Roku removed the capability to auto search channels

Channel 2 may not work for everyone.  Trial and error on channel selection may be needed.

I hope this helps

thoroc
Channel Surfer

@owens Funny that I have just set my channel on the 5G band to 36 and now the stick does connect to it. Trying that on the 2.4G didn't though. That being said, the Roku stick was never able to connect to the 5G before the 9.4 update.

One thing I have paid extra attention was to choose a channel that wasn't busy, but it might be just coincidental. 

0 Kudos

Were you ever able to fix your problem. This just happened to me last night

0 Kudos
BH3

Same here exactly!! Same issue. Did you receive help about it? 

0 Kudos
techpuppy
Channel Surfer

In my case the Roku was still under warranty. It had to be replaced. The replacement lasted two weeks before it failed the same way. I ordered a premiere during the black Friday sale and it didn't work right out of the box. It gets stuck in a set up loop. I'm waiting for its replacement now. 

This has been happening to my device for quite some time and it will not connect to any of the Wi-Fi that I have in my home of different WAP’s.

everything else in that room including my mobile devices connect to any of the three WAP’s fine and the Internet speed is way more than fine for Roku.

why does this device have such **bleep** connection Stability?

and yes everything is up-to-date with firmware.

0 Kudos