Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thoroc
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

I have contacted support and the device being under warranty I was offered help. Although they couldn't help fix the current device at the time, they did offer to replace it.

0 Kudos
gabe817
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  My Roku Express, which has worked flawlessly for about 6 months, will no longer connect to my WiFi. It sees my network on two different access points plus it detects my neighbor's wifi but refuses to connect.  I've made no changes to my router or my network settings. I've tried restarting the Roku, power cycling it and finally did a factory reset but nothing made a difference.

Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Try a simpler password.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
fùkme

How do you change a channel on your router?

0 Kudos
BarryW11
Channel Surfer

To chaange the wireless channel on your router you have to log into your router with a web browser if you know your login details? Once logged in there will be wireless settings which will allow you to change the channel.

I have had all three versions of these Roku sticks, all have had wireless issues at some point, one was replaced under warranty, it took some time!

My current Roku Premier worked for several months and then the wireless dropped out. I changed the wireless channel from 2 to 5 (2.4g) and it started working again. I could get 30Mbs WiFi on my mobile in the same place as the stick when it stopped working? My internet connection is a steady 200Mbs symmetrical.

I should add that I am only using 2.4g as I live in a house with very thick stone walls. Every other wireless device in the house works perfectly. Your experience with 5g may vary.

There is something very wrong with these devices. I shan't be getting another and would not recommend them to friends.

MP0823
Binge Watcher

So the only thing that fixed the issue on my end was getting a different router, even though the Roku devices were able to connect to the old router perfectly fine until Roku pushed the "update" out. Whatever Roku did to their update caused their devices to not be able to connect to certain routers 🤷 

0 Kudos
DCorneil

use command prompt;   ipconfig/flushdns   enter That should clear your DNS cache and problem, but may not be the total solution.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

@DCorneil  how do you get a shell on a Roku?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Es0terin
Reel Rookie

these are people with the roku tvs which are more expensive than your prescious ultra. try reading, not what you want but what's actually written.

0 Kudos
Es0terin
Reel Rookie

Roku OS 10 is dropping anytime so hopefully it will fix what they broke. Looking into the features and some of the code. It appears that part of the problem is the switch to the implementation of 5ghz as primary, even on devices that do not have 5ghz, they are trying to find a 5ghz channel first. Since that is one of the quality of life improvements included in 9.4 and 10. 

0 Kudos