Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

@Kayloalexis 

Wifi is very touchy feely hard to say what the problem was. But Im pleased its ok now.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Szabic
Channel Surfer

This is just flat not my experience. I fixed my problem by resetting my Roku. My experience directly contradicts your statement above. I find you to be, furthermore, annoying self-righteous, and condescending. Good day.  

boogernose
Roku Guru

@Szabic 

Obviously there is more than one problem on this Thread.

resetting your Roku is one of the first things suggested and easy as Pie.

If you solved your problem so simply by rebooting your Roku why are you even here.

I follow a few Tech forums and you NooBs are by far the most difficult to deal with.

If all you needed to do was reboot the Roku I dont even consider that a real problem

0 Kudos
BarryW1

I assume that nobody from Roku Support looks at these pages? My Roku has worked for 11 Months but now does not even see my network (200mbs).

Come on Roku there is no way to fix this without a wifi connection, what are we supposed to do?

reotis
Reel Rookie

Try changing the WiFi channel on your WiFi router. I had the issue that my brand new Roku stick couldn't see my WiFi network, even though I have the SSID advertised and signal strength is very strong for to close proximity of the router and the Roku. After much trial and error I found that when my WiFi router was set to to channel 12 or channel 13 on the 2.4Ghz band, my WiFi was not visible to the Roku (but was to every other device I have). Changed the 2.4Ghz channel to 1 and it worked straight away. Also tried successfully on channel 6, 10 and 11 but change it back to 12 or 13 and the Roku cannot see it. 

BarryW11
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your response. I have since tried my Roku stick at a neighbours house using 2.4Ghz on different channels. It still cannot see any WiFi SSID's. It appears that the Roku wireless has failed. I have bought a new device which is working perfectly on 2.4Ghz on the same channel.

The old device is still under warranty which I would like to return for a refund as I don't need another stick. However I have yet to find a UK email address or telephone number to raise the issue. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

@BarryW11under warranty is under warranty.

You should speak to the MOD tomorrow @RokuDanny-R 

BarryW11
Channel Surfer

Thank you very much for your help, I will do that tomorrow.

BarryW11
Channel Surfer

I have contacted @RokuDanny-R thank you.

0 Kudos
OddballExtreme
Channel Surfer

I tried the 2.4, factory reset and everything. This isn't even a year old yet. It looks like I'll have to replace all the Rokus just to get them to work.

0 Kudos