Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techbasher
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

Interesting proposed solution on another thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Express-Connection-to-WIFI-problems...

"Go to HOME> Setttings> System>Advanced System Settings>Device Connect>and select DISABLE DEVICE CONNECT." etc

I tried this on my Roku Express 3900, sadly it didn't work for me but it has worked for some others.  Worth a try as it's not as destructive as a factory reset.

Other threads that have received recent updates, same issue, so this is not confined to a few isolated cases:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Express-will-no-longer-registe...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Express-Connectivity-Issues-Ro...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Danny-Please-fix-this-No-Internet-i...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/strong-wireless-connection-but-no-i...

Roku Express (3900 series)  

boogernose
Roku Guru

The problem has been going on for a while now.

And deals pretty much exclusively with lower end 30 dollar appliances.

In the streaming world they are by far the Cheapest.

Heck I have thumb drives that cost that much.

I never wanted to address this because it seems obvious to me.

I've gone through 3 Roku's., HD, Roku 2, and now an Ultra.

I paid more than twice that for each one.

Now then what could possibly be the difference between a 30 dollar

premiere/express and an Ultra which cost much more.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Akglenn225
Streaming Star

@boogernose Im really sick of your unbelievably dumb, singular “advice” and you’re a close minded idiot that thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. After reading every single comment on this thread, your advice to reboot the router and Roku device is ridiculous. As if we haven’t already done that multiple times before searching the internet for others with the same issue. Don’t belittle our problems and efforts to resolve our technical issues while insulting us and the monetary amount we invested with Roku, whether it was $30 or hundreds.

Who are you to put a value on what we’re allowed to be upset about? I have a Roku Express 3930 that my son uses, sure it was $30, worked for 3 months and I’m angry, not about the amount but that I have gotten no support from Roku and the problem is quite frankly, ridiculous and shocking to me.

I know Retirement can be boring, but trolling is obnoxious and childish and is only done by sad, unhappy people. Please do it somewhere else. 

@techbasher Thank you. Your efforts and insights with this have been extremely helpful and entertaining. I had a wonderful laugh at 2:30 this morning after reading your comment. Hilarious. 

Kayloalexis
Channel Surfer

Lol I kinda love you haha 🤣 

tee_run
Binge Watcher

Well said @Akglenn225.

boogernose
Roku Guru

@Akglenn225 

I'm obviously not the unhappy one here.

"You get what you pay for" is a very old known premise.

I've never experienced the problems I read about in over 10 years now.

I certainly wouldnt expect much from a 30 Dollar appliance.

Its called "Common Sense".

I spend more than that on Lunch.

0 Kudos
Akglenn225
Streaming Star

@boogernose You got me! I’m super unhappy because I have some broken tech and nothing else matters in this world. I just won’t find happiness again until Roku fixes this life ruining problem of mine. It’s a conspiracy! A hoax! No one understands and everyone is in on it. Black and white! All or nothing! Routers are taking over the world and discriminating against all Rokus! Blah blah blah. 

I can’t even pretend to troll without rolling my eyes. When I read your comments, that’s what I hear. Just all around ridiculousness, extreme absolutist, mind closed ignorant thinking. 

Akglenn225
Streaming Star

@boogernose  Better watch out or them evil liberalists er’ gonna git ya. 

boogernose
Roku Guru

To me a 30 dollar device isnt worth the effort.

Why wouldnt you get a better one that is less problematic and streams better?

I'll tell you why its because you dont have it. A common problem Ive been reading into

posts for quite a while. I feel your frustration.

0 Kudos
Akglenn225
Streaming Star

@boogernose Please stop, you’ll hurt my feelings. 🤣

0 Kudos