Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akglenn225
Streaming Star

Re: Roku won't connect to Wifi it was connected to.

you pointed out what my next problem is if they do ever fix the problem, how am I going to download the “fix”? My device will be forever stuck at the “choose your network” step in setting up the Roku since I did a factory reset. But here’s a question, if the issue was the update, the factory reset should have worked, right? 

Kayloalexis
Channel Surfer

Ugh same issues!! Anyone have a fix for this! I think it could be something with the latest update. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

The only thing I've seen posted here that may help requires mucking with your router's settings:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-won-t-connect-to-Wifi-it-was-c...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tee_run
Binge Watcher

Same exact thing for me. I have 4 Roku devices in my house. None of them will connect to my WiFi that they have previously been connected to in the past for months. It just started on Friday 10/2/2020. All other devices in the house (phone, laptop, iPad) are all connected and working fine. It is only the Roku devices that will not connect. What is happening???

MarCuc
Binge Watcher

so I was just checking my router settings (not changing anything) while watching Netflix on my Roku Premiere. I noticed my Wifi had auto channel selection on and the current channel was 2. Suddenly the Roku disconnected and I could not connect it again. After seeing this thread, I went to check my router and noticed the channel autochanged to 13. I switched the auto selection off and changed the channel to 2. Voila, the Roku was able to connect to Wifi again. So, probably after the recent update, the device is not able to change channels. Please try this, I assume it will be the same for others as well

Szabic
Channel Surfer

I tried auto channel

select and ran an optimizing app to find the best channels for connection and neither worked! It was maddening. I left it on auto and did a factory reset and that fixed the problem for me. I really wish roku tech support would weigh in on this. Something systemic is obviously going on! I hope they monitor these forums somehow. 

techpuppy
Channel Surfer

Just a bit of a depressing update. My Roku would not connect to the network that it has been connecting to for a year. It wouldn't even show it as a possible Network on its list when I would scan. In desperation I tried to factory reset. That has been a disaster. It did not solve the problem as the Roku still will not recognize the original Network it had been using. It still does not show up on the list of Wi-Fi networks. So I thought I'd be clever and use a Wi-Fi extender and rename it. Doing a new scan the Roku found the extender. It even connected to it. Then proceeded to tell me that there was no internet. So now I'm stuck with a Roku that's basically worthless. I can't go back to Old settings. I can't do any more resets. I am stuck at the screen telling me at the network I have does not have internet and no updates can be made. If the folks at Roku to come up with a solution to this I see no way that it will be of help to me. The device will not download anything from from the internet. That would include any updated software they might create.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MarCuc wrote:

so I was just checking my router settings (not changing anything) while watching Netflix on my Roku Premiere. I noticed my Wifi had auto channel selection on and the current channel was 2. Suddenly the Roku disconnected and I could not connect it again. After seeing this thread, I went to check my router and noticed the channel autochanged to 13. I switched the auto selection off and changed the channel to 2. Voila, the Roku was able to connect to Wifi again. So, probably after the recent update, the device is not able to change channels. Please try this, I assume it will be the same for others as well

Channel 13?  Where are you located?  In the U.S. we only have channels 1 through 11.  I doubt Roku supports any other channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tee_run
Binge Watcher

How do you change the channel on your router? I don't see the ability to do that with mine? Please comment. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Akglenn225
Streaming Star

Yeah, I’m completely lost about changing a channel for the router (I have separate modem and router) and I only have 5G, no 2G (I pay for 200+ download speed, very expensive and very good, I work from home and need it to be really fast and reliable) Anyways, I have never had the ability to change a channel on it. I even checked my spectrum app where I can do anything, in regards to my internet (test the network, reboot it, call spectrum support, etc) there is no mention of any channels. I also called spectrum support where they changed the network name and that didn’t work for me either. 

0 Kudos