Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kms383
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

Have been loyal to Roku for more than 5 years, have bought 6 devices total, 2 for self, 4 for friends/family.  All have worked great EXCEPT for Roku Express 3900X, which worked great for a while but recently, 1-2 months ago stopped staying connected to the WiFi. It will connect, but signal is so weak that streaming doesn't work. Moved the device from one room of house to another. Purchased wifi signal booster. Moved Device to new household/internet entirely. No issues with any of the other Roku's nor any other device connected to WiFi. Would be fine if this was one of the older units but since this is the second to newest, it's quite aggravating, especially when seeing so many other customers are experiencing similar issues, and, according to their posts, Roku seems to be aware and just not doing anything about it.

0 Kudos
Seren
Binge Watcher

Do any/all of the people having trouble connecting after the 9.3 update have Wi-Fi routers that are dual band (2.4 & 5 GHz)? If so, do they broadcast frequencies on the same SSID?

0 Kudos
kms383
Reel Rookie

Yes, each household has its own dual-band router. Each household has its own ssid - the only differentiator being the 2.4 vs 5. All Roku's in each household connected to the 2.4. The Express is the only one with connectivity issues. No other devices experiencing any issues related to signal strength. 

0 Kudos
Amanda_0621
Reel Rookie

This is BS at this point. How long does this bug have to go unfixed. The 9.3 has prevented me from using my roku for months now. Why has this not been fixed yet? Every bit of troubleshooting helps nothing in regards to this issue. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

For weeks now many people have posted about wifi issues with Lower end Roku's.

I've been inclined to think it is a hardware issue. I'm at a loss.............

A note for the manufacturer's; Ching chong mong Mui FUI !!!

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Tsehayd

We are having the exact same problem. We have roku ultra.

@RokuDanny-R

0 Kudos
Monet777
Channel Surfer

My verdict is still out. Centurylink is here digging up my dsl. Checking 5 boxes...

Being very very festidious. 

If after all new boxes, modem and equipment has been evaluated. If it is still an issue after removing all other poss devices... then it is the roku. 

But not sure just yet.

0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

Same issue here.

Now it's worse.  For lack of anything else to try, I did the factory reset on the Roku.  Now I'm stuck at the setup menu.  I can't even get to the secret menu or anything else.

0 Kudos

I’m so frustrated right now. How many times do I need to unplug my router and device to get it to work? Nothing else is have a problem connecting.

0 Kudos
Frito

I have the same issue.  I've unplugged everything and replugged them three times now, and my Roku each time identifies my wireless internet as a very strong signal, but won't connect.  What now?

0 Kudos