Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rconnect0

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

I am having the same problem. Everything has been checked, unplugged, rebooted, etc. several times and to no avail. Please advise!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

@BGF1973said;

On the remote press the home button 5 times, then the fast forward button 3 times, and then the rewind button 2 times. That should bring up the hidden menu. Select software update and it should ask if you want to install version 9.2 select yes. That will revert to the previous software version.

Please always post your Model Number

Also disabling Pings in your Router is highly advised for security reasons.

Unless youre advanced you dont need  it at all.

Line of sight and distance to/from Router makes a difference.

Hang in there good Luck let us know.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
dswalker95

Wifi isn’t great but has been running the roku for the last 10 months. Yesterday WiFi went down as it does periodically out here. I reset it and now it will not show up on my roku. We don’t use many other devices since our WiFi is so bad. Everything was turned off, we unplugged and restarted all the hardware. Still no WiFi. We are having to run it from our phones connected to WiFi. This is ridiculous! Can’t get a live person to help! Frustrating. 

moretv

my Roku will set up to the wireless it says weak or poor signal yet when i attempt to view any fress stations it cuts off. any suggestions?  also it never did display a code to activate it on the computer... 

[personal information removed]

Kurt

0 Kudos
8diahtGdarn3
Reel Rookie

All other devices operate at HOUSE-R.5, are you saving Roku Express only operate at HOUSE-2.4?

0 Kudos
Newport13
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue. One of my 3 Roku Premieres only gets Poor signal when it has been working fine for weeks.  The others work fine. How do I PM You @RokuDanny-R?

0 Kudos
8diahtGdarn3
Reel Rookie

I'm in a studio apartment, so my Router is at the foot of my bed, my TV(no cable, indoor antenna), ROKU 2 and DVD player are just beyond within a yard of the Router, my laptop and printer are at the head of the bed. I have a Desktop Computer about 20 feet away in my kitchen connected to the Router by an ETHERNET CABLE. Everything operates on WIFI HOUSE-R.5, not HOUSE-2.4. Is it possible to connect the Roku Express directly to the Router? 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Depending on your Roku Model it might have an Ethernet port on it.

That is what I use on my Router and before that on my Roku 2.

Ethernet is far and away more trouble free.

Some Roku Model's do only pick up 2.4ghz signals.

Unless you have very expensive TV's and systems %ghz aint gonna make

Roku better. 2.4 winds corners better and further and should be easier to pick up.

Wireless Routers are pretty cheap new and you might have an older Router lying around.

You can use an Ethernet cable to hook it up to your present Router and log into that.

Roku doesnt need Gig type speeds so an old Router should be fine..

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Raven20

I’m having the same problem and I already tried everything 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rconnect0 @dswalker95 @moretv @Raven20 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

-What Roku model device are you using? If you have a Roku Express/Premiere, those devices are  only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos