Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

Hi @Paigegordon,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the Roku device? In addition, have you tried the steps provided by @RokuKariza-D that is posted above to see if that resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jayes_k

Hello Danny! I was reading up on the exact same problem I'm having and I have tried it all I haven't been connected on my Roku TV for two months and I'm getting desperate. I have been troubleshooting all my devices and nothing has worked yet all the problems solved have you in the equation can you please please help me. 

0 Kudos
jayes_k

My TV model number is 100021258 if any other information is helpful please let me know I really need to fix this problem 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jayes_k

Thanks for the posts.

Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

hi im trying to figure out to send you a message with info for my roku

0 Kudos

Access the router control panel via the IP address printed on the back of the router using the internet search bar on your computer.

Username is usually “admin” and the password is the “Access Key” printed on the back of the router.

Once you’ve accessed the control panel screen find your wireless configuration settings. Make sure 5GHZ is enabled.

if 5GHZ is already connected but channel selection is on “Auto” manually set the channel to 36.

On your TV in the Roku wireless set up page, scan Wi-Fi again. Hopefully the name of your router will appear. Select it and connect.

Worked for me. Hope it helps…..

0 Kudos
holleyh27

@RokuDanny-R please email me so we can fix my ROKU. Nothing is wrong with my router and it refuses to connect, no matter what trouble shooting I have done! 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @holleyh27

We're here to help!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos