Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tama
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

Rats. It isn’t just the Express then. Att has phone support despite the situation. Why is Roku off the grid. So no point in getting a new device.

allouez2
Reel Rookie

My Roku is not new, and it is connected to the router via ethernet. It has started losing connection quite regularly while all other devices are still connected through wifi. Very irritating. I have gone through the connection set up and restarted the Roku many times and it still drops the connection. Is it the weather?

0 Kudos
Cierra

@RokuDanny-R  I bought roku express + a few months ago and was able to get it to connect and stream for a few minutes one time and it hasn’t successfully connected to any networks since. I gave up for a month, and moved and have a new cell provider, and now I can’t get it to go past the choose your network menu, where it finds my phone immediately, gives me 2 green check marks, then either says it couldn’t connect or just restarts itself. What do I do?

0 Kudos

I had this exact same problem for weeks but the one thing that just helped me was going to “bandwidth saver” under network settings and turned it off. Once I did that, it found my WiFi and connected immediately on the first try!! Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
allouez2
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I will try this!

0 Kudos
surpriseitbroke
Reel Rookie

Update: After submitting a message to Roku_Danny certifying that I'd attempted to fix the problem (by modifying router distance, etc), I received a help ticket from customer service, who then replaced my Roku at no charge. 

0 Kudos
MittiMac

Danny,

I just lost my Roku WIFI connection as well. Yesterday, all Roku systems worked fine. All other systems (Apple TV, computers, phone) continue to connect to our WIFI with no issues. I’ve done all the steps you suggested with no resolution. 
What do you suggest?
thank you.

0 Kudos
nailah
Reel Rookie

My wifi is connected to my phone and other devices but my roku keeps saying it is unable to connect to the network. Is there any support person I can speak to?

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Try unplugging your Router count to 30 and plug it back in.

See if the Roku will log in now.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
nailah
Reel Rookie

ive done that. still nothing.

0 Kudos