Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SParis
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

There seem to be a huge number of us with the same issue, yet the standard pat answers keep coming. I have 3 seperate wi-fi sources that have all worked with the roku in the past. None work now. It cannot find one wireless network. My cell phone can find 6 in range. This reset your router and move it closer to your roku is bs. While reading through the posts, I have noticed two common solutions. Some people just keep buying new Roku devices, others get tired of waiting for customer service and change to a different brand of streaming devices. I am not really a fan of the "be patient" and "don't be intimidated" comments. There are far to many of us for the issue just to be our operator errors. 

0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

Here's where I think we all stand.  Roku had done a standard background software update, to a "93" version, but that version trashed the wifi detector, so now the all these units can't connect to the network.  The usual industry approach is to have the previous stable software rev (92?) sitting already on the device, so the user could switch back to it.  But in a lot of cases, like mine, this v92 is NOT on the device.

So now the device can't connect to the network AND can't be fixed because all fixes would come from that network.  In short, this is a screw up called a "truck roll" where the only way out is to physically mail new devices to people.  Except that requires diligent customer service, and here there's zero.

Class action ______ appears the only way to go.

Jherter1
Reel Rookie

I agree totally.

You would think some interjection and remediation would salvage Roku's corporate reputation. Zero interaction speaks volumes!

0 Kudos
cobanion

We bought a new TCL tv Friday, set it up last night, we cannot get it to connect to the WIFi in our house, all other devices work just fine.  I have tried everything.  Cannot even get the software update to work using a USB drive.  We are losing our minds over here, I cannot even find a way to talk to a live person, can someone help?!?!

0 Kudos
Tama
Binge Watcher

This just happened to me and I am at the same frustrating place. I have version 9.3 and don’t see any way to revert. Actually at go.roku.com/wireless a chat agent (or a scam) came on saying I needed an update they could provide for $69 and change??
What **bleep**ty customer service. No email or phone contact? A few people asked Danny how to pm him. Didn't see any response to that. I am at the point where after many years with Roku I probably have to switch to Amazon. But what do I do about channels paid thru Roku? Is Roku out there anywhere....HELLO!

0 Kudos
dgg9
Streaming Star

"Danny" is probably a bot, so don't expect much.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Tama wrote:

This just happened to me and I am at the same frustrating place. I have version 9.3 and don’t see any way to revert. Actually at go.roku.com/wireless a chat agent (or a scam) came on saying I needed an update they could provide for $69 and change??
What **bleep**ty customer service. No email or phone contact? A few people asked Danny how to pm him. Didn't see any response to that. I am at the point where after many years with Roku I probably have to switch to Amazon. But what do I do about channels paid thru Roku? Is Roku out there anywhere....HELLO!

There's zero chance that you were on a Roku website  You did a search (whether you realize it or not) and ended up on a scam website.  If you really went to http://go.roku.com/wireless it would have redirected to https://support.roku.com/article/208755728

To PM, make sure you're logged in, click on his name, then "View profile", find the "Send this user a private message" link.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tama
Binge Watcher

Thank for replying. Yes I am sure it is a scam. But I didn’t search and that threw me off. I got the url from my Roku express brochure. I tried to report to Roku but they are so walled off I doubt they will get the email I sent to a security address. If anyone knows how to report this scam, please do so. 

0 Kudos
surpriseitbroke
Reel Rookie

What a baffling scenario. It seems we are experiencing identical issues. My Roku abruptly stopped recognizing any WiFi networks.We attempted to reset using the methods listed on this forum but to no avail. We rebooted the router/modem, reset Roku, logged out other devices, moved closer, etc... Nothing works. It's just -all of a sudden- not picking up a network. I sent Danny a PM; we shall see if I get a response. It is frustrating that we have no place to contact Roku directly, no phone or online support, nothing. And the forum posts from Roku employees routinely suggest that it is consumer error.... no. We have a collective problem with your products.

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. YES
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? YES
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? YES
- How long have you been experiencing this problem? Suddenly, since 7/11/2020

Model 3920X

@RokuDanny-R 

Tama
Binge Watcher

It has been a bizarre experience and now I feel like I came to a dead end with no way out.

0 Kudos