Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monet777
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

ooopsi, I forgot my name and email...   Lauren Remington  my email is laurenrs@centurylink.net

0 Kudos
Monet777
Channel Surfer

Also Danny,  i am connecting with the 2.4ghz...  it sometimes will connect like tonight at 8mb.  it says status is connected..connection type is wireless say my signal strength is excellent.  using Wireless channel 2  

and says the internet download speed is good.   obviously something is wrong.  

My centurylink modem is a model C3000Z  and i just replaced it. it shows the MB coming into the modem is 45.67mb...  and all is working great.  but my Rokus can't seem to connect well at all.   They were all working find on July 26th.2020

0 Kudos
Bushpac4

I am have the same issues. Can I send my info to you 

0 Kudos
athaash

I am also having trouble with connecting to the internet. I did not use my roku for two days, prior to that it was still working. I have reset my internet, reset the roku, I even reset the roku to factory settings but nothing has worked. My internet is working on all other devices including cell phone, laptop, and the smart tv's internet. I've had the roku since 2019, received it as a gift for christmas. when I try to connect to the internet no networks are found. I put it in under private network and it says it hasnt been found. Somebody please help

0 Kudos
Tomeka1
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

How do I PM you with details on my issue?  It resolved but now I have the same issue happening again. 

Thanks,

Tomeka1 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Alot of you people having these problems would do well to get a better Router with better broadcasting range. The Modem/routers bundled cable providers are not always good. You can simple plug a ethernet cable into the back of such cable provided router/Modems and then plug it into the back of your new router. It really isnt that hard. and log into the new Router.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Haydenx360a
Channel Surfer

Suggesting people go out and spend money on a new router to fix a problem which has been caused by a firmware update is poor advice.

I have a very good ASUS router and I still have poor/no connection, even when I move my Roku within a metre of the router.

Tomeka1
Reel Rookie

I followed all the steps to revert back to 9.2 software.  Got to the hidden menu and install software option but it didn’t give me option of 9.2, only to install 9.3 which is currently running

0 Kudos
Jherter1
Reel Rookie

I have spent way too much time on this issue than I should. To have the Roku Express in the same room as my router and have no recognition (signal) is **bleep**. I have read through all seven pages of posts and the majority mirror my problem. Most people don't have the experience and confidence of many of the advanced users (myself included) to be logging in and making channel changes. That didn't work anyway.

To not have a solid solution is bs. Roku should be saying, "Send that defective Roku Express in and we'll send you one that works."

Can you imagine the untolled number of defective devices out there for common users? I predict the end of Roku as a business. They have lost mine!

0 Kudos
jpnolan2002
Channel Surfer

I am with you, I got no help on this and tried everything I saw online. It seems to be a common problem with the Rokus now. I am changing to a different brand which is a pity as I liked the old Roku I had.

0 Kudos