Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackbelievey
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

[personal information removed]
streaming stick +:  YH0057086080

your other questions, i don't know.  It's a Netgear 76 router.  I allowed an update to the software on my relatively new LG OS TV yesterday (man am i hating the term "smart TV"), and ever since, it's been an issue.  The wireless network is active, nothing else has changed, i don't have an ethernet connection to the home theatre setup.

0 Kudos
Jetjewmv
Reel Rookie

I’ve tried all below.  Serial number is K28A6362424 model Roku Premiere (3920 series) please help!!

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

@mackbelievey 

If youre putting the stick directly into the HDMI port many have reported success by getting a short HDMI to HDMI cable so you can then move the stick around. WIFI (radio) signals are finicky.

Does the Roku see the wifi signal? Settings/Network/setup connection

Use the 2.4ghz signal f you have 2.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

@Jetjewmv 

How far is the Roku from the Router?

Does it see the wifi signal? Settings/Network.set up connection

use the 2.4 ghz connection if you have 2.

So youve logged everything else out of your Router and rebooted the Router?

Unplug it and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in.

Move the Premiere around a bit.

How long have you had it? Was it working before?

0 Kudos
sue1961
Binge Watcher

I am not a tech person. I PMd a moderator as directed in a post from a Roku employee with the answer to the questions and the serial information. I received a reply back and a few hours later all was working. And I tried everything that the other guy was saying prior to my PM to the moderator. I stopped at rearranging my house or moving the modem /router. I am not the only one in the house using wifi it is in a central location in my home. If that is what I had to do I was going to go back to cable tv and pay the extra money. Not worth impacting others in the home just to watch TV

Only one of my Roku devices has disconnected. The other one works fine.  I just can't figure out how to reconnect the one that says it is not connected.  I have tried everything I know to do but nothing works.  I unplugged and nothing happened when I plug the device in again.  We senior citizens are not very savvy with all this technology.  I know they just want us to buy their products and to heck with us if we can't figure out how to get it to work.  It was working earlier today and then suddenly it said it was not connected.  I am at my wits end because this is my husband's TV and he is 85 years old and loves to watch his TV.  The TV is not old either.  I have two computers and both are WiFi and they work and my TV works so what has happened to the other one?  I sure hope you have a good idea for me to try.

Thank you, Pat

0 Kudos
Tomeka1
Reel Rookie

I’m having a similar issue. I have had 3 Roku streaming sticks for several months with no issues. Yesterday one of the 3 TVs started having internet connection issues, streaming was interrupted throughout the day. Same thing today and now I can’t connect on 1 of the 3 devices. I’ve rebooted my Roku multiple times, no luck. All my other devices can connect. Strange how the other 2 Rokus connect and 1 is further away from router than the one I’m having problems with. 

Please help, thanks. 

boogernose
Roku Guru

Too many connections to one Router signal can overwhelm the Router.

This is where the problem usually is. Try disconnecting other appliances

that are logged in temporarily. And Reboot the Router.

Unplug it and count to 30 plug it back in allow it to boot for a few and see if

the Roku can log in.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Any of you who have an old Router lying around......

You dont need a Gigabit connection for Roku.

Take the old Router plug it in any port to any port Ethernet to Ethernet

Networking is fine with multiple Routers and switches.

Theres so much **bleep** on my wall connected to itself it stresses me out thinking about it.

Or you can make a Bridge with the old.but the above should work fine.

0 Kudos
Spl
Reel Rookie

I also started having this issue on Saturday afternoon, and it continues through now. My Roku Express cannot identify any WiFi networks, but all other devices, including a Roku TV work just fine. I have restarted the router and verified it’s settings, and I have restarted the Roku multiple times and unplugged it.

0 Kudos