Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sue1961
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

i worked with my internet provider, who tried to help me, and then I PMd a moderator with everything I did.  A few hours later I was connected.  Not sure if it connected on its own or if Roku support fixed it.  I just know that things have been working fine for the last 2 days

boogernose
Roku Guru

The problem does have more to do with your Routers.

@sue1961 

its best to EDIT your post to add comments than add extra posts.

Glad you worked it out.

Those that stopped posting also seem to have worked it out.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Stephanist
Reel Rookie

I am not a techie person at all. I have the Roku Express & AT&T wireless connection. 

The same issue started for me last night. Everything else is still connected & works. My phone even connects to the internet. I read some posts & videos & tried several suggestions. But the Roku still won't connect.

rsmrr

there is virually no real customer support available. just repeated advice to reboot.....keep trying maybe it will just go away like the customer requests for help are considered solved!

bruceedw
Reel Rookie

Im having the same issue. I have rebooted move modem etc. My device was working for 6 months. The first roku lasted about 8 months and had to be replaced.

My wifi is updated and every other divices works find.

MelB1
Reel Rookie

My Roku Express + device still cannot find my network. I have done everything suggested - reboots, log off all devices from wifi network, unplugs, etc. Every other device that I have - laptop, old Roku box on another tv, tablet & phone are having no issues connecting to my wifi network & internet. I'm not a tech person at all and am extremely frustrated that I paid for this device about 6 weeks ago and it worked fine with no problems then all of a sudden stopped. 

sue1961
Binge Watcher

i followed whatRoku Moderator Danny said to do, then I copied and pasted from his post early in this forum and sent him a PM with the answers to his questions.  I received a reply back from his letting me know that he was sending it to Support.  A few hours later I was connected.  I don't know if Support fixed it, or if it found the wifi and connected.  

Agent86

I have the same issue with Roku Premiere. I even placed it right next to my router, and it still says it has a weak signal. If I move it more than 20 feet from my router, it detects no wireless signals at all in my house. Reboot of Roku and router did nothing. Factory reset of Roku did nothing.

sue1961
Binge Watcher

i am not a techi either.  On page 1, is directions from Roku Danny, a moderator here.  He gave some directions.

After multiple calls to my internet provider, mutliple reboots and them resending the signal, and I  followed whatRoku Moderator Danny said to do, then I copied and pasted from his post early in this forum and sent him a PM with the answers to his questions.  I received a reply back from his letting me know that he was sending it to Support.  A few hours later I was connected.  I don't know if Support fixed it, or if it found the wifi and connected.  

I also reentered my password when I resigned in (but that was mainly because I had changed it, I could never remember the wifi password, it was some dumb thing my sister set up, so I changed it to something everyone in the house could remember).  But if you did ot change your wifi password, that probably will not be an issue

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

The default Modems or Routers provided by cable companies are inferior.

When you reboot the Router leave it without power for a bit (say 30 seconds)

As I said try logging out any other appliance logged in first., temporarily.

Focus on the Roku. Just stick with it and be patient.

Tech stuff shouldnt be intimidating be confident.

You dont need to have your hand held you can do it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos