Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astrum03

Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

My new roku premiere has been working fine for about 2 months. Now, it says it cannot find a network WiFi. 

the WiFi is on and all devices (old roku, cell phones, laptops) are connect without issue. 

We tried unplugging device, router etc. nothing works. 

147 REPLIES 147
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi but all other devices in house work!

@Astrum03 

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a the answers to the above questions. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Wilmir9200

Im having this same issue please help

sue1961
Binge Watcher

i am haviig the same problem, and tried all of the above.   everthing worked just fine yesterday.  TV has ot moved, modem has not moved.  i havfe not yet looked at my daughtes TV which is on roku

sue1961
Binge Watcher

one more thing,,, the tv with amazon firestick is working just fine.  Just the tv with Roku are not working

Dave_in_AR

@RokuDanny-R I'm having the same issue. May I PM you my info?

MelB1
Reel Rookie

I don't know why Roku won't go ahead & admit that the latest update is the problem and develop a patch asap. It really insults our intelligence to keep telling us to unplug this & that, try this or that when you all know that the system update is the problem! 

boogernose
Roku Guru

Wifi signals can be temperamental.

Try logging out the other wifi appliances temporarily.

Too much traffic can overwhelm lower end Routers/modems.

Reboot the Router and look for a signal. Settings/Network/Set up Connection

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
CasualUser

Having the exact same issue, everything is working except for the Roku unit.  Will there be an update or is this a hardware problem?

Further on this topic:  I noticed the unit seemed to be hotter than I would expect for a non-active device (no signal being processed).  So I tried unplugging it overnight.  When I plugged it back in the next day the unit was able to see my WiFi and connect, and even stream a movie for about 10 minutes -- then disconnected.  My suspicion is the Roku unit either has a component quality problem that affects a smallish population of devices, or, a design problem of too many watts going into too small an area to disperse the resulting heat.

I wound-up replacing the Roku unit with an identical unit plugged into the same power and HDMI cables and it connected immediately to my WiFi (and can see several of my neighbors' addresses).  I really doubt beating yourselves up trying to finesse your WiFi routers is going to help much....  

boogernose
Roku Guru

Not a Roku issue per se.

Please follow my instructions precisely before your post.

log the other appliances out temporarily and reboot the Router.

See if the Roku sees a signal.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos