Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefanieHoffa
Level 7

Roku won’t connect to WiFi after restarting both router and roku

I have been trying to set up my wifi connection for so long to connect to my Roku Express and nothing seems to work. I’ve restarted the roku twice, once from the remote and once from manually taking the plug out, as well as restarting my wifi router twice, once from the app and once from unplugging it. Neither has worked. I’ve even called Xfinity to troubleshoot the wifi and nothing has fixed it. It connected to my wifi for about two months already with no problems, but now every time I click my wifi in the Set Up Connection section of settings and type in the password it always has a big red X when it checks the wireless connection. It then goes to the same 14.30 error that says to restart the router and roku. I cannot change the Ghz of my wifi since my router is already optimized to change it automatically based on the device, and I do not have an Ethernet cable to connect to. It seems like I am all out of options given that Roku Support won’t let me call them about this issue and instead refers me here. If anyone has ANY advice please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won’t connect to WiFi after restarting both router and roku

Xfinity's supplied router is known to be problematic.  Go into the Wi-Fi settings and change the wireless mode to b/g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos