Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loandbeholt
Reel Rookie

Roku won't connect to Spectrum after power outage

I'm using a Roku Express on an Aquis Sharp smart TV. I've got Spectrum internet, and my wifi is connected fine. But after a recent power outage, my Roku simply won't connect to my internet. It WILL connect to a mobile hotspot, but that's not a permanent solution I can use. Spectrum refuses to troubleshoot a third party app, especially since other devices will connect to the wifi. And Roku has decided not to offer agent support for my device (classic). 

Yes, I've tried: resetting my roku, and my wifi, complete factory reset of my roku, unplugging it for a whole day, etc. I've scoured the forums here. 

So what exactly am I supposed to do here? 

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku won't connect to Spectrum after power outage

When you say, "won't connect to my Internet", could you be more specific?  Is it connecting to your Wi-Fi, but then failing the Internet connection test?  Connecting to Wi-Fi (your local network) and connecting to the Internet are two different things.

In the past people with Spectrum having connection issues solved their problem by getting a new modem from Spectrum.  I have no idea why it worked, but there were several people that reported success going that route.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Betsberk

I'm a spectrum customer and having this problem, too. All my devices are running off the modem fine after multiple modem and router restarts. The Roku 4 starts up, gets to the jingle and then freezes. I tried factory reboot as well and swapped out the HDMI cable. It's frozen on the purple striped screen of death. 

0 Kudos
loandbeholt
Reel Rookie

It's not connecting to the Wifi, it fails step 1 of the connection on Roku. It can still recognize the excellent signal strength, but won't connect to it. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Betsberk @loandbeholt,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the network issue you are experiencing.

We recommend starting here to try to troubleshoot network issues: http://go.roku.com/connectivity. 

If the issue still persists, it is more effective to try contacting Spectrum or your Internet service provider to report the issue, and so they could perform troubleshooting. 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
loandbeholt
Reel Rookie

I've obviously already done that. If Roku had any agents available to serve my unit, that would've been clear already. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@loandbeholt, does it display any error code?

One thing to try is a "Network connection reset".  You can find it under Settings->System->Advanced system settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Few Days back I Was also facing The Same Issue with my Spectrum Wifi Not working. I tried every best  possibiltiy to solve this issue but it didn't work. After that i started to search it on Internet with some good hope to fix this issue.

Than i found a tech related blog page with name Keepthetech.com. They have share all valuable Information Related Spectrum wifi. Also they have provided the best solutions to fix this problem of  Spectrum wifi not working. If you feels that this problem needs to be fixed than I suggest you to look their page and get the best result possible to your spectrum wifi not working problem .

0 Kudos