Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makinleew
Level 7

Roku will not show dorm wifi

I just got a new roku express for my dorm. It pops up on my phone to connect to it but it never ask me on the tv if it is a dorm wifi. How do I get a password for my phone to connect to?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku will not show dorm wifi

Has this Roku ever been set up and linked to your Roku account?  Only Rokus that already have been activated can use the hotel/dorm connection feature.

If it has NOT already been set up and linked, and if you have a phone with WiFi hotspot capabilities, you can initially set up your Roku and link to your account via the hotspot. 

It may be necessary to do a factory reset to initiate the setup process anew.  [If you have established control via the remote, use menu path Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.  If not, while powered up, press and hold the reset button on the Roku for at least 30 seconds]. 

Once the setup and linking is accomplished, you could then shut down the hotspot and try the hotel/dorm setup again.

This Roku page explains the hotel/dorm process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos