Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku will not detect network

I have had a roku premiere for seven months now with no issue. Last night during use it dropped the WiFi network. I tried reconnecting this morning and now it the WiFi network doesn’t even show after a scan. I have restarted my modem two times and confirmed via my laptop and phone the internet is working appropriately. I have done a soft reset and factory reset of the roku and the network name still won’t populate. I can see other WiFi networks around me but mine will not show up. This is very confusing considering I’ve had it for seven months with no issue of this nature. The choose your network screen shows “ you’re wireless MAC address” To the right.  I have also tried manually entering my SSID and password. I can’t tell what type of roku premiere I have , it just says streams HD/4K/hdr 802.11 b/g/n single band. My modem is dual band with  2.4ghz  and 5 ghz

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku will not detect network

Hi Lahermosa,

1. If you look on the bottom of the Roku you will see the model and serial number.
  2. The Roku Premiere will only see the WiFi signal in 2.4ghz mode.
  3. Have you tried to use your cell phone as a hot spot to see if you can connect the Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the exact same issue. Worked fine one night the next night, no wifi detected. Phone picks up several networks, Roku struggles to find mine and only occasionally shows the lowest dot the arcs. Roku support is a total joke. No phone numbers, no email, just circular menus that offer no help. I am so disappointed.

Highlighted
Level 8

You would think that they would solve their problems and quit blaming the internet. How hard could it be? You would think that they at least reply in the community or somewhere because they absolutely do not fix their problems and they don't even reply. That is very very poor customer service and don't give me that CIVID excuse because that's BS.

Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

try this it worked for me 

https://youtu.be/WLdLXqk7a50

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

https://youtu.be/WLdLXqk7a50

worked for me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How can I talk to a person either on the phone or chat online???

0 Kudos