Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kramer2020
Level 7

Roku will not connect to wireless network

My Roku device has completely stopped connecting to the internet. 

All of the other devices in the house connect to WiFi fine, computers, phones, smart TV, other streaming devices, etc. Same thing is happening with my Roku TV, so this seems to be a Roku issue and not wireless connection issue. 

I have tried every option posted. Restarted my router. Restarted my device. Reset my device to factory settings. 

Nothing works and there is no option to speak and or email customer support to try and resolve the issue. Does anyone have any suggestions other than the above mentioned and just getting a Apple TV or Amazon fire stick? I've never encountered this type of problem with either of those devices so that seems like the best option. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Roku will not connect to wireless network

First thing to check is that both your 2.4gz and 5gz bands of your router are enabled and broadcasting.  Are you able to verify what frequency channels the router is assigning and what channel the Roku is connecting to?

What Roku device are you having probs with? Settings...System...About (Model#)

What kind of router?

Can your device see the network and connect to network but not internet?  

0 Kudos