Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamer_pdx
Level 7

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

Yes, same problem.  Roku Premier 3920X was working fine and then lost WIFI connection.  It sees the connection(sees the WIFI network, as well as other nearby networks), allows me to select the network and put in the password to connect, but does not connect.  All other devices connect fine.  Restarted modem, restarted Roku, reset Roku, power-cycled Roku, etc., etc..  The Roku had been working fine for a year.  Now it's unusable.  Can you assist?

CaelChip
Level 7

I am having almost the same exact problem. I bought my Roku premier at the end of last August. It set up and connected to WiFi perfectly. It worked until the end of November. It then stopped showing any Networks at all. I have tried hot spots and nothing. In January I tried in every which way to get it fixed. I scoured the internet and someone said just leave it for a bit and theirs came back. So I figured I’d try that since you can’t talk to an actual person over the phone through Roku.

I have used several Roku products over the years and have never had a problem. I even briefly considered buying a Roku tv instead of using my premier, but if Roku can’t fix my problem or help me in any way with this issue then I will no longer be a Roku customer or supporter. 

Anyway I tried restarting my Roku several times and no networks pop up even hot spots. Mind you my roommate has a Roku premier as well, bought and set up on the same day and with the same WiFi as mine and if you bring it out to where mine is and plug it in it has no problem showing networks. I just did a factory reset and all I can do is select a language and scan for networks which do not register. There are several WiFi networks that are available to connect to and register on all other devices placed in the exact same location. I don’t know if it is too late to return my device or if it is under some sort of warranty, but I would appreciate any help or recommendations of what to do. It is a waste of money and I am very disappointed that it is not working. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJdiamond
Level 7

Hello - we are having the same problem.  The smart television is connected to wi-fi but Roku will not find any networks.  We tried doing a system reset which didn't work.  We then tried a factory reset and now cannot move forward on the setup screen because it cannot find any networks.   I saw one post that said to unplug it for a week, but that seems a little extreme.  Any other thoughts?

Katlatham
Level 8

Mine is doing same thing I've tried everything  including factory reset. Keep telling me to rescan for networks. But doesn't scan. How can I fix this

0 Kudos
fletchs_65
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue but mine worked for about 2 months now nothing. Last night it could see the WiFi but not connect. This morning it can’t even see any WiFi. This really sucks. 
it’s a 3920X roku premiere. 

0 Kudos
Capecodbev
Level 7

Re: Roku will not connect to Wi-Fi anymore

I purchased a new ROKU Premiere.  Set it up successfully to my wifi this afternoon.  This evening, I have no connection.  My network is "excellent";  my password is correct.  What could have happened in the past few hours to change this?  Your website is unhelpful in resolving my issue.  There is no customer service technical support I can talk to to help resolve my issue, other than another company that charges $46 for the privilege.  

I have read through chats that "ROKU Premiere models support only 802.11 wireless b/g/n networks (the 2.4 GHz band)......what is a customer with modest technical knowledge supposed to do with this?  You do not provide helpful information to us to check this out.  And why does ROKU only support this wireless network?

I was looking forward to a pleasant streaming experience, but I am most disappointed with ROKU and can no longer recommend a product that is not adequate supported.

@Ashleyann20 wrote:

Danny can I PM you with my serial number and email for some help? I am having the same problem as the other people. My roku will not connect to wifi anymore. Thanks

Mamaboyd1187
Level 7

I have literally tried everything. My roku will connect to my hotspot but will not connect to my home wifi. Everything in my house will. I disconnected wifi from Everything to see if there was too much on it but nope still wont work. And it just literally one day stopped working. I've had it connected before. I have factory reset roku rest router reset my tv i have done it all. I just dont understand. Now that i have rest everything i can no longer locate the serial number...... Please help!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. I understand that you are unable to connect to your wireless network.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or ... 

We also recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.

Notes: If you have the Roku Express or Roku Premiere, it is a single-band wireless device which means it only supports a 2.4 GHz connection. Your Roku Express or Roku Premiere will not recognize the 5Ghz network. You need to make sure that your 2.4 GHz network is active by using your mobile phone and check if you can detect the 2.4 GHz network. We also suggest you reach out to your Internet Service Provider or ISP for assistance in checking if the 2.4 GHz network is active and not hidden. 

In addition, please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.
Keep us posted with what you find out

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
RSH
Level 8

I have a Roku Ultra LT.  I'm having the same problem as Mamaboyd1187, above, who also started having the problem today.  We were watching a show on Youtube around 10:45 CDT and lost connection.  I attempted to reconnect.  The Roku saw our network and judged the connection excellent, but it would not join the network.  There was a error code 014.30. which led to the advice to reboot router and Roku, which I did to no avail.  I contacted support and Monica had me reboot router and Roku AGAIN.  Same result. Of course, I lost Monica in the process and joined Sree.  Sree had me reset my network and then try joining the hotspot on my phone.  Like Mamaboyd1187, that worked.  Sree said to contact my ISP (Centurylink DSL), which I will do, but I'm not optimistic.  Judging by all of the earlier messages, I'm guessing you have a bigger problem at hand.

0 Kudos
RSH
Level 8

Forgot to leave my serial #:

YJ0097142959

0 Kudos