Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bizzle
Level 7

Device not connecting to my WIFI

My Roku device has stopped connecting to my WIFI all of a sudden.

I’ve had my device for over a year and have not had any problems until now. A week ago it just stopped connecting to my WIFI.

The signal shows that it is strong on the connect menu.

I unplugged and reset my player multiple times.

I reset my router.

My other Roku (and older) device connects without issue.

The Roku that is not connecting is less than 2 feet from my router (my Roku that does connect is about 20 feet from the router).

I did a factory reset and the device still will not connect.

0 Kudos
DanZ19
Level 7

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

the power light on my roku device that I aim my remote at won't come on and I get "no signal, check source on my tv screen after connecting roku to tv's correct HDMI port

0 Kudos
FRANKSCAR
Level 7

ERROR 003

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@DanZ19and @FRANKSCAR , neither one of you have an issue that this thread is about.

@DanZ19, if the light doesn't come on when you connect the power make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  Try another power adapter if you have one.

@FRANKSCAR, reset/reboot your modem/router and Roku.  Unplug the power from all the devices for several seconds and then plug in the modem/router.  Wait a minute or two and plug in the Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Device not connecting to my WIFI

What's the model number from Settings->System->About?

Try moving it farther from your router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hbparke
Level 7

Re: Roku will not connect to Wi-Fi anymore

My Express also stopped working a few days ago. Now both of my devices won't connect... Any suggestions? Getting all 0s for my MAC address too. 

Error Code: 014.30

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @hbparke

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

If still no luck, reply here with the serial number of your Roku Express. It can be found in Settings > System > About

We look forward to hearing from you soon. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
michaljhon
Level 7

I did not face any issue like this. Roku is connecting to the Wi-Fi and still I am working on my website by using Wi-Fi. I think there is a problem on your side.

0 Kudos
cs81
Level 7

Hello Roku Support,

I'm having a similar issue with my Roku Express. SN is S00839C1NA56, Model is 3930X.

Please respond when able.

Thank you in advance!

Corey

0 Kudos
kimaelii
Level 7

When your WiFi network is up and running, but your Internet isn’t, it’s extremely frustrating. The network appears in your WiFi-menu, and you’ve entered the correct password, but when you open your browser, nothing happens. What’s the matter with your WiFi? It’s possible that a variety of factors are to blame. Sometimes the solution is as simple as updating your router or performing a quick reboot. Continuous to read:  Connecting To Wifi But No Internet Access.

0 Kudos