Hi Just read all the posts regarding WiFi issue from last one year and still no solution . I brought a roku premier one month back and now from last Sunday got this issue roku not showing up my WiFi. @RokuDanny-R please help us with a proper solution or a software update.
My details as below.
Serial No: YH0022815664
Software Version: 10.0.0 build 4195-91
Device ID: P73072815664
# Roku premier
I have already gone through the forum here and looked at what others have done, and what Roku IT has suggested to do. I have done all the techniques to try and get my ROKU TV to connect back to the internet and still absolutely no luck. I can see the wireless networks, but it will not connect. It is not Roku Premier or other Roku type service. Again, I have gone through the forum here and have done every single thing that the IT department has suggested to everyone else on how to potentially fix the issue and even after doing a factory reset and again doing all the steps suggested from Roku, it still wont connect. Why is this happening? Is there a specific answer?
Ive been on this thread now for three weeks. I tried every remedy suggested multiple times. I've left my serial number and all other requested information twice. Still no contact from Roku and no resolution to the issue.
Well with hundreds of ppl saying the device just stopped working over night… this is what Roku said to me after like 10 emails…
Thank you for the response. We apologize for the delay in response. We understand that the issue persists in spite of resetting the device. The device seems to be defective and we recommend you replace the device. You can purchase one of the latest devices from our website.
Thanks for the posts.
I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?
Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- If you have a Roku Express or Premiere, have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express/Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected?
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?
If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.
Danny, I have tried that. You may see my messages prior, I was simply told your unit is defective, you need to purchase another. Clearly this isn’t due to misuse of my device as so many people are having the same issue. If my unit is defective then why is the financial responsibility of that on me? I paid for my unit… that was my responsibility. Yours was to provide me with a working device…
I have tried all of the suggestions provided by @RokuDanny-R .l, with no success. Every other Roku device we have, and all other 2.4GHz WiFi devices continue to operate correctly. I'm hesitant to update the other Roku devices, out of fear that a new software version may introduce the same issue.
I contacted support, to initiate an RMA. After replying to their request for a shipping address, 8 days ago, I've heard nothing.
1) They have broken a whole bunch of devices by pushing out an update that renders certain chipsets incapable of detecting wireless networks, but...
2) They don't want to admit this, because doing so would put them in the frame for goodness-knows-how-many replacements, because...
3) There is literally no way to fix it for any device that doesn't have an Ethernet connection and can't be updated via USB, such as a Roku Premier (also the device I had that got broken by the update). If you can't connect such devices to a wireless network in the first place, you can't download an update that fixes the problem... because you can't connect to a wireless network.
4) The advice several of us have gotten has been, basically, to go out and buy a different, more expensive Roku.
Having now thoroughly lost my sense of humour over the repeated "troubleshooting" nonsense that keeps being regurgitated here, I think I'm going to just email a precis of the situation and a copy of my last email exchange with Roku support to The Register and let them have some fun with it. Love those guys: they're super sarcastic, they've got millions of subscribers and I've been a contributor here and there over the years.
To paraphrase your customer service email sign-off... "Have a nice day, Roku, and thank you for choosing me to mess with"
I have an Ultra never had issues! Did resets on both router and roku nothing. Others have suggested a system reset which is not advisable since the roku does not pick up the signal. My roku has been working perfectly up till last week. It’s so annoying. My signal strength is excellent!
Model 4670X-Roku Ultra
Is this something that all roku products are doing now? I been having the same issue for 3 weeks now. I have done everything to fix it, but nothing works. Has any body solved this problem? If so, can you PLEASE be kind and help me out? Thanks