Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katlatham
Level 8

Re: Roku will not connect to Wi-Fi anymore

Run an ethernet cord set it up as a wired connection mine works now just not with wireless. 

0 Kudos
Katlatham
Level 8

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

Run ethernet cord to tv it will work. Set up as a wired connection 

0 Kudos
Donny_DD
Level 8

I followed all the recommendations here and online. I submitted my serial number as requested. Four days later, no response from customer support, no solution to the issue. I'm only able to see a flood of other people with the same problem. I have 5 Rokus right now, and this is how they lose customers

Ntang
Level 7

I tried everything. In desperation I went to original factory settings so now I can’t do anything. No networks found. It’s showing my wireless MAC address as all 0’s. If that means anything?

0 Kudos
Gryseel
Level 7

This is nothing new.  Roku and several WiFi routers do not play well together.  Roku has offered no help. Emails sent every 24 hrs, no person to person verbal contact.  I strongly suggest you use another streaming device. Tried to find a rating site and would give roku devices a 0.

0 Kudos
AuroreGray
Level 8

816-272-8106 option 2

That will get you a person. It won't help, but there ya go

Persiflage
Level 8

Yes, it means it's irretrievably broken, absence some form of magic over the USB connection that I don't think exists.

They've pushed out an update recently that has bricked certain devices: probably those with a very specific version of a wireless chipset. It's the only explanation for so many devices suddenly unable to find any wireless networks when they had previously been working flawlessly.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to want to admit it, as there's no workaround for devices that don't have a wired Ethernet option (like my Premiere) and they don't want to replace a ton of devices for free so they're just regurgitating the same tired troubleshooting steps, even though they can't possibly help

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Ntang wrote:

I tried everything. In desperation I went to original factory settings so now I can’t do anything. No networks found. It’s showing my wireless MAC address as all 0’s. If that means anything?

Is this an actual TV and not a stand-alone player?  There's been many reports of this for TVs.  You'd have to contact the manufacturer (i.e., Hisense, TCL, Sharp, etc.).

If it's not a TV, I can't offer much advice unless it's still under warranty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Robgilk
Level 7

roku tv not connected to wifi connection

My hisense roku tv will not connect to the wifi that it has always used. I have reset the router unplugged the tv and even factory reset the tv. The router is inches from the tv. The tv is reading the signal but no connection can be made. I also notice the wifi cone icon doesn't have a dot at the bottom. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we get more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos