Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashleyann20
Level 8

Roku will not connect to Wi-Fi anymore

Danny can I PM you with my serial number and email for some help? I am having the same problem as the other people. My roku will not connect to wifi anymore. Thanks

108 REPLIES 108\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku won't pick up wifi

Hey @Ashleyann20

We're here to help!

Could you tell us if you are getting an error code or message? Refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premier, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About or underneath the player itself.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Ashleyann20
Level 8

Hey thanks for helping. I got it fixed. I have this weird wifi through my apartment. They had to re add my MAC address and it worked. Why it was dropped I am not sure. You think it would really add it by itself. 

0 Kudos
Persiflage
Level 8

Add me to the list. My Roku Premiere lost connection to wifi last night and can no longer see *any* wifi network. I've only had it a few days and I'm extremely disappointed. Seems to be a common problem, and I'm on the verge of sending it back. Smiley Sad

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Persiflage

We're sorry to hear about the issue your experiencing – this is not what we aim for.

Have you tried connecting your Roku Premiere to a mobile hotspot to see if you can detect a wireless network? You can also try the suggestions in this Support link: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If still no dice, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device for further assistance. It can be found by going to Settings > System > About or underneath the player itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Persiflage
Level 8

Hi @RokuKariza-D 

Model: 3920X

SN: 06305G030918

No dice. Nada. I've done *everything*, trust me. Reset the network connection, restarted the router (not that it would have helped, because see below) and even bitten the bullet and gone for a factory reset on the Roku. It can't see any wireless networks any more, nor is the router seeing any discovery activity from that MAC address.

Before we go into troubleshooting steps, I should add: I have even messed around with the router (but again, see below) and manually set channels to 1, then 6, then 11. I have ensured that the 2.4GHz band is enabled. I've done everything I've found on every thread in answer to this problem, even though in my case it was clearly just voodoo troubleshooting and I may as well have sacrificed a chicken: at least I'd have got dinner out of the exercise...

And now, the "below". 

It can't see *any* wireless network. For reasons I won't bore you with, there are several running in my house. Yesterday morning it could see them all, plus one or two belonging to neighbours. As of yesterday evening, it can see none of them. Even when I create a mobile hotspot, it doesn't detect the network.

And now I can't do a thing with it because after the factory reset it's in setup mode and my options are "select a language and then keep fruitlessly scanning for wireless networks" or "send it back". 

If you have some magic secret sauce, great, but otherwise it's going to the post office tomorrow to be returned!

Very disappointed: it seemed to be the answer to our prayers, and I favoured the Roku over Google and Amazon's offerings for all sorts of reasons, but this network discovery issue seems so prevalent that I will be asking for a refund rather than a replacement. It was a glorious 3 days while it worked, though. :/

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the prompt reply, @Persiflage

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jesika12
Level 7

My Roku tv won’t pick up any WiFi  I’ve tried everything Smiley Sad I’m so sad  I’ve reset I’ve tried the use update and nothing  

Persiflage
Level 8

Well, thanks for trying! They haven't been in touch, so back it goes...

0 Kudos
PikeMan
Level 7

Serial number is X00400TNR8NE

Sees WiFi 2.4 but no longer connects to it, tried both of my roku’s

please help/advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos