Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul84

Roku ultra hdmi port defect loose no way to fix it need help

Upon moving into a new home disconnecting the hdmi cable from port came loose and is inside the roku box need help not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Mandi_1987

Re: Roku ultra hdmi port defect loose no way to fix it need help

I have the same problem with my Ultra, what can I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't know if that's covered by the warranty and if it's out of warranty then it doesn't matter.
https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

If it was mine I'd take it apart and solder the connector back on.  Otherwise, sell it on ebay.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
joep94553
Reel Rookie

I have had 2 Roku Utlra's HDMI Port broke loose/detach .. basically the HDMI Port is floating around inside the box .. As far as taking the cover off and fixing it .. I don't see a single screw on the cover, nor do I see a way to pull the cover off,,, One of the main reasons I continue to purchase the Roku Ultra was because of the HDMI input -- it made it very easy to view a variety of photos, videos and text files in the USB drive folders,  Roku really needs to up the manufacturing quality of the HDMI port in the Roku Ultra 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I assume you mean the USB port broke loose.  The HDMI port is what you use to connect it to the TV.  You have to peel off the rubber pad on the bottom to get to the screws.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos