Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WeirdRussianKid
Level 7

Roku tv has no sound, but makes click noises when on

The audio on my Roku Tv cuts out every 15 minutes or so. When it does, the entire TV makes a steady clicking sound when it's on. I can't turn the sound off with the mute button. It's coming from the back of the actual tv. I just bought this less than a week ago.

ROKU TV: 8118X

TCL# : 32S325

SOFTWARE VERSION: 9.2.0 BUILD: 4504-48

anyone know why it's doing this? I've already restarted the audio, unplugged the tv, and tried messing with the audio settings.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
quahlity
Level 7

Re: Roku tv has no sound, but makes click noises when on

No, but my 8118x does exactly the same thing, since the first week.

We didn't return it because the pandemic was in full lock down.

From the moment you turn it on, click. click, click. Mute has no effect.

I've tried full resets, and sometimes the sound returns, but it doesn't last long.

I'm hoping I can just replace or repair the main board, and not have to throw it out.

It has the latest software 10.0.0 Build 4195-48

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku tv has no sound, but makes click noises when on

Hi @quahlity,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can locate their support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Archived-Content/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Roku-TV/m-p/514423#M6 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos