Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddie30
Level 7

Roku tv can no longer find my internet provider after a June 23 software update.

I have read several posts about this problem of not being able to find my internet provider anymore. I have tried factory reset, rebooting my router, rebooting tv. Nothing works. I believe this happened right after a June software update since I am not the only person with this problem. My tv is useless without internet connection. Can someone tell me how to get the tv to find my provider again? It worked fine for months until now. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Roku tv can no longer find my internet provider after a June 23 software update.

I've found that when I've encountered wifi problems with my Rokus I've normally been able to solve them by restarting the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (on my separate Roku devices, it's Settings > System > System restart - should be close to that on Roku TVs) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

This makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would work, especially since other wifi devices in the house connect without issue, but it has worked for me on several occasions.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos