Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Smokie_82
Level 7

Roku trouble connecting, losing signal.

Hi, I'm having real trouble with my new Roku Express and getting it to connect to my LG Hd ready tv. It's random to how it responds. Some tries it connects and the Roku letters start to dance and then i get a black scree and it says "No connection" and other times the Tv just says "No Signal" with no dancing letters. With the "lose of signal" If i go to the HDMI settings it doesn't register it's even there and when I have the "No Signal" sign you can see the HDMI in settings is lit up so can see something is there but just not registering the Roku Express at all. I don't understand it. I have another Roku device which is a streaming stick that just goes into the HDMI and that works. So why wouldn't the Roku Express? Is my Tv too old maybe? or is it the cables? Please help. - Thank You. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: Roku trouble connecting, losing signal.

What model is your TV?  If it is too old the Roku might be trying to display a resolution that your TV can't handle.  There is a series of button pushes you can do to get it into the lower mode.
0 Kudos
Smokie_82
Level 7

Re: Roku trouble connecting, losing signal.

My TV is an LG- 32LF510B. I had it as a free Tv when I joined Sky 3 years ago so it's not really that old, but I know how much technology expands at a raped rate. 
0 Kudos