Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicky2
Level 7

Roku takes me back to bouncing roku page

We have three Roku boxes in the house. All brilliant but one has a problem. An example - last night we paid for sky sports on now and watched a football game live. It kept dropping to a blank screen and then back to bouncing Roku menu. It does this during random programmes on prime too - usually ok when pay for a film. It doesn’t do it on any other TVs with Roku boxes - always one in the lounge. We have sky fibre and excellent broadband speeds so it is not this. We replaced the Roku box and it still does it. The only other option is to replace the tv - Panasonic about 6 years old. Do we think this will work? The other TVs with Roku boxes that work all the time are slightly older and there is no issue - HELP!! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
remaker
Level 10

Re: Roku takes me back to bouncing roku page

The bouncing Roku logo is a system crash. It is either a hardware or software defect. If you swapped the unit with a known good Roku, the Roku is OK . But, did you also swap the power supply and cable? The wrong underpowered power supply may cause this crashing, as can a defective power supply. Bad mains power from the outlet could cause it, too.

Software could also be the issue. Make sure to run system update and the latest firmware.

0 Kudos
remaker
Level 10

Re: Roku takes me back to bouncing roku page

Also, try swapping the Roku with another one in the house, complete with power and video cables. If the problem follows the Roku, the TV is not the issue.

0 Kudos