Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poobail

Re: Roku suddenly won't connect to wifi

Jump to solution

This is my issue, too. I have both 2.4 and 5 on my router, but it can't find the 2.4. Argh! It was working last week but now nothing works. Do I have to buy a new one? My first one lasted 9 years.

0 Kudos
Sipa

Jump to solution

I am having exactly the same problem. After not having a single problem for over a year, I suddenly get the 'Unable to connect to wireless network' message. I have tried every single reset and restart for both the router and Roku. In desperation I did the factory reset and still can;t connect to the wireles network. I know the router is working and password is corret because I have disconnected and reconnected with 3 separate devices (2 computers and a mobile). Even the TV settings show that the TV is connected to the wireless network. It's just Roku that does not connect.  By the way, how do I know that my router is broadcasting at 2.4GHz Wi-Fi?

Please don't tell me I have to get an Amazon stick. That has to be my last resort but I can't use my TV and I am desparate.

0 Kudos
Sipa

Jump to solution

How did you get your router to split the frequencies into 5MHZ and 2.4 MHZ. Is this something that you can do yourself or something your internet service provider has to do. What exactly would you ask the ISP to do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_R1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Sipa 

I've seen some others mention hat they called their ISP and the ISP was able to do it. I was able to do it myself by getting into my router settings and giving my 2.4ghz and 5ghz signals different names (they'd shared the same name previously).

0 Kudos
johenkel

Jump to solution

Just adding my experience here as I was searching through these forums when I needed help with WiFi connectivity.

I had some problems with my Roku Streamingstick+ after changing my router ( I got new APs ) - it had worked fine for over a month.
I started changing 5G channels or my APs and stuff and sometimes it helped and then it would just disconnect again. I would reboot the stick and it would connect again, to then just loose connection later. 
It would show the network but fail to connect.

Just in an off chance, I changed the power source of the stick from the TV-built-in USB port to it's provided USB block and plugged it in an outlet.
Since it is working just fine !

Make sure your Roku stick has proper power to run ! 
(built-in usb ports in the rear of TVs don't have enough juice to power them properly)

Cheers - I hope it will help some of you guys.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Contacted roku support chat wanted to charge me $69.99 to fix.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@annasattic01, YOU DID NOT CONTACT ROKU!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Des21

Jump to solution

I've done everything I'm supposed to do at least 10 times still cannot connect. Can't reach a human being on the phone. Getting very frustrated. I have four devices on four TVs and none of them are working all of a sudden. Why can't I reach a person?.

0 Kudos
BrutonGaster
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Des21 

Mine did the same thing.  Finally I found a setting had changed on my router.

I'm guessing the issue is that you need to change the same setting. Not sure who your provider is, but the setting is your Wi-Fi Mode.  It needs to be set to 802.11 b,g,n

This should resolve your issue.

0 Kudos
skh062653

Jump to solution

I followed your instructions, and I was able to fix it. Thank you!