Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kal55

Re: Roku streaming stick Disconnects from Internet after saying it has connected to the internet

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues. My Roku Stick Plus keeps losing connection to internet/wifi. I have to reboot my router and Roku every day and sometimes more than that. I have no other connectivity issues in my home. I live alone so It's not an issue of too many sharing the wifi. The stick work well for a month or so after initial set up but now it's a daily battle. I am tired of following the same troubleshooting tips without a final solution or access to a person that can help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku streaming stick Disconnects from Internet after saying it has connected to the internet

Jump to solution

@Kal55

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect without disconnecting frequently?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jtomita

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I would get rid of Roku all together because I'm tired.of continually have to reset everything when only the Roku stick is having the issue. Unfortunately, the only way to run my cable is through Roku or to pay monthly for a cable box. I'm trying this last thing, then I'll just cancel my cable and get my local channels through Hulu. 

0 Kudos
epjp145
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku Premier. Model 3920X  is suddenly not connecting to my network. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps to no avail.  I have another Roku that is working properly.   Can you help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Eddie4

Jump to solution

My Roku doesn’t find the network anymore and when it does, I connect it and then it disconnects right away. I barely got this in March and it’s already acting like this??

I keep reading different post about what to do but they don’t work. I even try to switch the channels on the wifi and that doesn’t work. Does anybody recommend another brand?? Roku Premiere (4620 series) 

0 Kudos
Jeanniem24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Realized I never answered. Still having the same issues. I’ll get the serials in the am. 
I’ll be in the middle of watching something, suddenly I’ll get the circle of dots in the middle of the screen and it will tell me I’m not connected to the internet. I’ll check the connection on the Roku and it’s fine. Watch a few minutes and it’ll happen again. Connections are fine, it’s not my internet. I’m on 2.4 and my isp (Service Electric cable)has assured me they have not upgraded. I’m ready to get rid of it but I don’t know what to get. Also my Roku seems to freeze a lot and get really hot. Not sure if it’s related or not. This is the 2nd Roku it’s happening on. We bought a better one, was fine for a few weeks and same issues started. Does not get used hard as no one is home during the day, maybe gets used a few hours at night. 

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem with all 4 of my Rokus. HELP!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I will tell you what I think. Roku has become useless in past month. It is not my internet speed or anything to do with my equipment. Roku needs to fix this worldwide problem or go bankrupt. They owe millions of dollars back to us who trusted them and loved them at one time. But I cannot watch three minutes of anything before it loses its connection. FIX THIS **bleep**..FORWARD THIS TO YOUR PRESIDENT, OR OWNER OF CORPORATION

epjp145
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I changed my WiFi mode from g/n to b/g/n and that has seemed to solve my problem.

Additional resources you might find helpful:

AngelCakes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Express 4K is also messing up!! I haven’t even had it for a month yet!!!! Sorry for the excessive exclamation marks I’m frustrated rn