Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku streaming stick Disconnects from Internet after saying it has connected to the internet

Jump to solution

So when I go to Connect to the internet on my roku streaming stick, an I connect to the internet it is fine. However after hitting home and trying to open youtube, it says, not connected to Internet. Despite the fact that my Roku won't stay connected all my other devices are.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
epjp145
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streaming stick Disconnects from Internet after saying it has connected to the internet

Jump to solution

I changed my WiFi mode from g/n to b/g/n and that has seemed to solve my problem.

Additional resources you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick Disconnects from Internet after saying it has connected to the internet

Jump to solution

Try this:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart). Again sometimes that's all it takes, if not keep going.
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Auntlala2011,

Thanks for the post.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home ... - Roku
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot.
Keep us posted with what you find out

0 Kudos
Jeanniem24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Roku tells me it's my internet but everything but the streaming stick works fine. Ready to throw it away and go with a different brand

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Jeanniem24

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried the solution that was previously posted?

Does the message pop up when you are accessing a specific channel or regardless of the channels installed on your Roku device? The model number of your Roku player would help as well. Go to Settings > System > About to see it. 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cymba

Jump to solution

Im getting the same thing connect not connected connect not connected ........ When I check the connection, it connects and say signal strength excellent. 1 second later it not connected connect not connected ....... . have a wifi analyser on my phone that shows the wap is steady and excellent near the streaming stick(approx 40db) . Could this be something to do with last software update to the stick??

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @cymba

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Try connecting your Roku stick to a mobile hotspot and see if that will make a difference. However, if the issue persists, please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
penny3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Help! I have had the same problems listed with Roku streaming device randomly disconnecting from the wireless network. Have done all things others have recommended. Still no wireless connection for streaming device. Says I am connected with excellent signal strength, but then it will not connect wirelessly.

How do I contact ROKU for a person to get actual support?  Thanks, Penny

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @penny3

Thanks for reaching out!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
penny3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks, Kariza D! This so frustrating, and we have loved the Roku!! Penny

0 Kudos