Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkM1
Level 7

Roku stick works fine; Roku Express causes buffering on multiple channels

For years, my Roku stick has worked fine: no problems with wireless, router or network provider. Roku reports "Excellent" signal strength. I just replaced it with the Roku Express, and now multiple channels start buffering after 5 or 10 minutes and then continue to do so. All settings are the same as they were on the stick. "Excellent signal strength" is still reported. Any ideas for this conundrum?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick works fine; Roku Express causes buffering on multiple channels

Hello @MarkM1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Buffering usually occurs when your internet connection provided by your ISP cannot supply data fast enough for the playback device. Try these simple tips and troubleshooting steps as this may help with the connectivity issue: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Moreover, have you noticed if your Roku Express is getting disconnected from the wifi? 

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Debby
Level 7

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Express today. Wi fi connection is Excellent but NONE of my channels will load or play,or I get 10 seconds of audio but no picture, or it just buffers and kicks me off. I have done all the troubleshooting tips and nothing helps. It was working fine last night.It's not  my wifi connection It's a problem with Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Debby, if none of your channels/apps works it's not a Roku problem.  Once you start a channel/app Roku is pretty much out of the picture (other than The Roku Channel).  I assume you've restarted your modem/router?  It could be a problem with your particular Roku, but it's not something like a Roku server problem.

And, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos