Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stick to different ISP

Jump to solution

My ROKU stick is normally on WOW ISP but I moved it to an apartment with Spectrum ISP. I cannot stream any channels. I keep getting an error "There is a problem connecting to the network". The Wifi signal is excellent. Anyone seen this problem before ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick to different ISP

Jump to solution

Spectrum requires new customers to create a Username and Password, and log into their account before they will be allowed to stream. Streaming can take 24 to 72 hours. I was allowed to stream in less than 24 hours. Nobody at Spectrum knew this information. I found this on my own through their troubleshooting website. Thanks Danny. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot. If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Spectrum requires new customers to create a Username and Password, and log into their account before they will be allowed to stream. Streaming can take 24 to 72 hours. I was allowed to stream in less than 24 hours. Nobody at Spectrum knew this information. I found this on my own through their troubleshooting website. Thanks Danny. 

View solution in original post