Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Marisa
Level 7

Roku stick not getting Dorm and Hotel internet option

My Roku stick is giving me the option to use hotel and dorm mode. I choose my college’s WiFi and it connects without asking if this is a home network or a hotel/dorm. I have already tried resetting the network settings, but it doesn’t do anything. I was able to use the dorm mode in my last on campus apt. It won’t let me get to authorization, so the online link is useless to me. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
mescen
Level 7

Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

I have purchased a streaming stick for business travel.  How do I access the hotel/dorm mode?  At no point does it ask for my network username, which is required.  It just goes directly to the password once I've selected the network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

@mescen 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you activated your device before accessing the hotel & dorm mode? You will need to activate your device before using your device in hotel & dorm mode. If needed you can try activating your device with an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot.

For more information about hotel & dorm mode, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos