Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku stick not getting Dorm and Hotel internet option

Jump to solution

My Roku stick is giving me the option to use hotel and dorm mode. I choose my college’s WiFi and it connects without asking if this is a home network or a hotel/dorm. I have already tried resetting the network settings, but it doesn’t do anything. I was able to use the dorm mode in my last on campus apt. It won’t let me get to authorization, so the online link is useless to me. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

@mescen 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you activated your device before accessing the hotel & dorm mode? You will need to activate your device before using your device in hotel & dorm mode. If needed you can try activating your device with an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot.

For more information about hotel & dorm mode, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Hotel / Dorm Mode for Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I have purchased a streaming stick for business travel.  How do I access the hotel/dorm mode?  At no point does it ask for my network username, which is required.  It just goes directly to the password once I've selected the network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mescen 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you activated your device before accessing the hotel & dorm mode? You will need to activate your device before using your device in hotel & dorm mode. If needed you can try activating your device with an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot.

For more information about hotel & dorm mode, visit our Support page here: How do I use Hotel & Dorm Connect to connect to the internet?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Same problem here with a premier.  Connects, doesn't give option for hotel connect.  Shows as connected but will not access Internet.

Worked fine for many days.  Then I assume the authentication finally renewed and now doesn't work.

Unfortunate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

My Roku stick is activated and it gives me a Roku direct number to find in my wifi. But when I into my wifi is not there at all even after refreshing and turning my wifi off and on.  I Fing find it and it's really frustrating

0 Kudos