Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamara
Level 7

Roku stick keeps disconnecting from wifi

My Roku stick has been disconnecting every time I turn off my TV and will say on start up that it is no longer connected. My wifi is perfectly fine, all my other devices connect without a problem and even the Roku says that the signal strength is excellent. However, when I try to connect and the Roku does the wireless connection scan, it always fails. I can sometimes get it to work by restarting my router then restarting my Roku, but even that doesn't work all the time and usually takes 3-4 tries of connecting and waiting before it works. I have also done a factory reset, but the problem still persists after resetting everything. My router is in the same room as my Roku stick, maybe 6 feet away which has not been a problem before. I'd rather not have to restart my router and wait 30min-1 hour for it to finally connect to the network every single time that I want to watch Netflix/Hulu/etc. 

Roku System Info:

Model: 3920X Roku Premiere

Serial number: YH00DA078445

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-91

Device ID: K4206D078445

Tracker ID: 45-240-461

Error number: 14.30

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku stick keeps disconnecting from wifi

1) The Roku Premiere (3920) is not a stick model.

2) Make sure you are using the supplied USB AC power adapter.

3) If you are in the warranty period, I highly recommend taking advantage of it.

0 Kudos
kamara
Level 7

thanks for the clarification, I tend to group any plug in device together since it isn't built into the TV itself. I am using the provided USB power adapter and I believe I have missed the warranty period. Would you say it's a dud device that needs to be replaced? it's only about a year and a half old

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

1) You can manually configure your modem/router/gateway's 2.4Ghz settings (channel=1, 6, or 11, bandwidth=20Mhz, "B" mode=disabled) to see if that addresses anything.

2) I would verify the 1 year warranty expiration (relative to date-of-purchase).  You can always try the Warranty process:   https://support.roku.com/contactus    (choose "return or manage"..)

3) Over the last month or three there are many (mostly) Premieres (3920) suddenly having WiFi failure/problems that were purchased 1-1.5 years ago (perhaps a low quality batch).

4) Check https://my.roku.com/upgrade/ for upgrade offers - otherwise I recommend the $35 4K+ (not the 4K at Walmart) - it has dual-band WiFi and supports USB ethernet adapters.

0 Kudos